Wakeboarding and Deckboats, can you do it?

iamthunderman

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I want to know if you can put a wakeboard tower on any deckboat? Do most deckboats give off a good wake? I have really thought about bowriders, but think I am leaning towards a deckboat simply for the potty and amenities.

Can you have a shade area and a tower?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Wakeboarding and Deckboats, can you do it?

yes and when you order you order you bimini with the tower. that makes sure all things work together.

shorts&chanclas

Petty Officer 2nd Class

wakeboards are pretty easy to get up on plane due to all the surface area of the board. I know the Sea Ray sun decks have a sports tower option and they are OEM from Moster Tower so I would expect you can get them aftermarket.

The wake size should be enough for most any recreational wakeboard user.

Jdubb16

Seaman Apprentice

Chaparral's deckboat, called the Sunseta just released an Xtreme series which they specifically designed for wakeboarding. It includes perfect pass, ballast tanks, tower and the hull was modified slightly to provide a better wake. It has one of the best wakes that a sterndrive can provide.

If you do not want to spend the money on the xtreme series, the standard Sunseta will do the trick, it just won't have all the bells and whistles of a typical wake boat.

Check out the Sunseta Xtreme 244, it is awesome.

J-dubb