Intex Mariner 400 Model 68376

Hi,
I'm gonna buy an Intex Mariner 400 which I don't know much about. Would you please advise me if its good for fishing on lakes and riding/fishing on seaside?
Doeae it neccesarili need a motor?
I here its a RIB which is rigid and easy to handle, is that true?
And also is this a long life boat or it starts flatening soon?
Please advise me on anythng you know about this issue.
Here is my mail address: armanhaydarian@yahoo.com
Please let me know if anyone of you has this model.

Best
Arman

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Intex Mariner 400 Model 68376

Hey Arman

The Intex Mariner 400 is not a RIB, it has a slatted floor and would be fine for fishing ....

Hi,
Does anybody know the difference between the following models?

Intex Meriner 68376
Intex Mariner 68376E

Also, do these models have one chamber or multiple chambers?

deejaycee_2000

Captain

they have to have multiple chambers, safety rules ..... i think the difference in those models is that the one comes with the motor mount and the other one does not .....

Thank you, but I'm afraid not. As far as I know, both models have motor mount fittings and there is a seperate motor mounting frame available for them.

Please advise if there is any thing you think might be possibly useful.

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

Thank you, but I'm afraid not. As far as I know, both models have motor mount fittings and there is a seperate motor mounting frame available for them.

Please advise if there is any thing you think might be possibly useful.

I think deejaycee is right, both have motor mount attatchment fittings, but one comes with a motor mount, with the other the motor mount is a option.

Hi,
Does any of you gentlemen know any difference between Intex Mariner 400 Model 68376 year 2008 and the earlier model (2007 I think)?
As far as I know the latest model has got kind of cubic shape seats compared with cylindrical ones in older models.
The important thing to me is if it has changed regarding quality or safety (Quantity of air chambers for instance).

Beat
Arman

5356BELAR

Cadet

Hi Arman, the new model Intex Marine 400 Sport does come equiped with cubic more comfortable seats. It's payload has also been increased thereby improved material workmanship. This payload of 880lbs. will sure help offset the weight of any motor and its heavy battery. I had wanted to go with a gas outboard motor but through research found out that it is very important that both boat and motor be compatible per law. I ended up going w/a 50# trolling motor and battery. Good power. Allow me to introduce these helpful info sites for us novice boaters.

http://www.allinflatables.com/support/index.html

http://hobbyetips.blogspot.com/2007/07/caring-for-your-inflatable-boat-common.html
Hope they help.

I love the fact that this boat can also be adapted with a sail and most probable a canopy. SO COOL

GOFORIT - TEXAS
ps. I recommend ebay for you purchase w/grrrreightoutdoors $198.95 + s/h $69.95

Hi :)
Thank you for the great information and advise. Unfortunately I can't purchase from ebay here in Iran, but hopefully I can manage to buy it from local shops.
Hope you'll have nice memories with your new boat.

Good Luck
Arman

russog

Recruit

Hi,
I'm gonna buy an Intex Mariner 400 which I don't know much about. Would you please advise me if its good for fishing on lakes and riding/fishing on seaside?
Doeae it neccesarili need a motor?
I here its a RIB which is rigid and easy to handle, is that true?
And also is this a long life boat or it starts flatening soon?
Please advise me on anythng you know about this issue.
Here is my mail address: armanhaydarian@yahoo.com
Please let me know if anyone of you has this model.

Best
Arman

I recently purchased the Mariner 4, I live in Connecticut and I use it on the lakes in my region. I use a trolling motor to get around the lakes. It's fun and easy to use. While it says it sits four it's probably more like two adults, maybe three, but with rods, back packs and anchor etc. two is more likely and more comfortable. I am planning to make a rigid bottom next spring and add a fish finder. I recommend it highly. I can't speak to the flatening issue. It does have an inflatable keel and that helps with stability. Good luck to you.