Suzuki 140hp 2-stroker

Kozzmo

Cadet
Help !! My river runner does great for about 2 mins then drops from 5500 rpms to 4500,then down to 3000 after another min or so.Ive replaced fuel filters and lines,removed the primer bulb,theres no restriction in the fuel cell,the vent works good,the anti ciphon thing is not the prob.Ive got a fuel pump diaphram kit coming in the mail.Am I barking up the right tree ?After it idles for a min or so it goes like hell for another min or so, then same thing.Id be most gratefull for any other suggestions !Thanx

Kozzmo

Cadet
Re: Suzuki 140hp 2-stroker

Welcome to iboats ;) .... when last did you change the impellar?
Thanx for the welcome...Ive never changed the impellar.Put a new sleeve on last fall.I had no idea the impellar could drag down rpms.Im obviously new to boatin'.This is my 1st. Its a 2001 1960 Lowe roughneck with a 1995 Suzuki 140 horse 4 cyl 2 stoke.It hopps this barge on top of the water in about 25 yards id say.Any way...thanx for the reply !

JUSTINTIME

Captain

sounds like fuel pump
but the primer bulb stays hard
next time try pumping the bulb when dying

Kozzmo

Cadet

Yea...it did seem to help a lil when I squeezed the bulb while it was doggin'.I think it would take a primer bulb the size of a beach ball to keep up:] Does that mean the fuel pump is weak maybe ? I just got the diaphram kit in the mail today...will try it in the morn.Hope thats all it needs but proly not.

JUSTINTIME

Captain

let us know
it is always better to replace the pump

Kozzmo

Cadet

OK,OK....this one is kinda hard to admit but I fessed up to being a boat virgin here, right?The fuel filter under the hood has a cylinder shaped,removable screen in it thats open on one end.....it was UPSIDE DOWN ! Lesson #1 down...9,999 to go ? Now it'll scream upstream ! Thanx tho,for the replies, guys. -Kozzmo-

Kozzmo

Cadet

Can any one else admit to having troubles until they realized the fuel filter insert being up-side down ?