Need a Good Inflatable $1200 @ hand

hey guys, I am saving up for a NEW boat to get no head ache with.

I'm looking to spend about $1000-$1,200 no more than $1,200.

It will be used for light fishing, fun cruising, tubing and camping. It will not be use everyday or every weekend, maybe once or twice a month, during the summer only. After used it will be deflated and store in basement out of the sun.

It must be min of 11'6" + I want it to plane with at leas 4 people in the boat, none over 150lbs. How much HP motor I would need, I was looking at 15-30HP motor, depending on the boat max HP?

I was looking at the Saturn 12',

Please post up some places where I can look at to buy one, and advice on what make, model to go with, must have V hull.

Please shine some light on me with this, as to which to get, looking for it to last me for a while also... over 5+ yeas.

Thanks
mike

Edit: What do you guys think about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-feet-Inflata...ryZ87090QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

tommays

Admiral
Re: Need a Good Inflatable $1200 @ hand

It is PVC which will have a short life

I know the Saturn also is PVC.

How short are we talking about here?

A mid 80's or 90's Zodiac or Avon, how long more will that goes. Not PVC?

5 years is not bad, I can live with that it's about 1200 for the 12' Saturn. I can put out 1K every 5 year.

But when I'll start to see signs of stress/damages etc... I'll it with care and it will be cover with UV protections covers when not in used. It will be use for about 6 months, between that 6 months it probably will be use no more than 15-20 times.

When I'm home I'll deflate it and keep it in the basement, so sun will not hit it. Will that work to make it go at least 5 years with no problems at all.

jnewtonsem

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey Mike:
What happened to that 13' Avon you were looking at? Rougher shape than you hoped? If you have time, keep your eye on e-bay, lots of used boats and sometimes you can get a pretty good deal. Prices right now seem lower than in the past, maybe the economy. good Luck.

Hey Mike:
What happened to that 13' Avon you were looking at? Rougher shape than you hoped? If you have time, keep your eye on e-bay, lots of used boats and sometimes you can get a pretty good deal. Prices right now seem lower than in the past, maybe the economy. good Luck.

yeah, that 13' Avon was in really bad shape, he did not take care of that thing at all man, it's a shame.

I have a lot of time, I don't just want to jump in buy one and regret it later on. I want to guy a good one and get it over with. But I usually check up on craigslist and e-bay.

Also looking for a 20-25 HP motor, not sure if I should go with 2 Stroke or 4 Stroke.

Still looking into that.

jnewtonsem

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Personally I'd go with a 2 stroke, significantly lighter. A 20-25hp 2 stroke would probably weigh 80-100 lbs. Where are you located?