Re-Wiring Advice

90statechamp

Recruit
I have a 1974 Starcraft Holiday I/O that I recently purchased. All the guages and switches do not work as the wires are all torn up. I would like to get them up and running along with the power trim on my 1985 Johnson outboard. I have done some general surfing on this topic across the internet and on this site with some results. Does anyone have the original wiring diagram for this boat? Or a good wiring plan to follow? I have very basic experience with boat/trailer wiring but good general electrical knowlege. Also need advice on the type of materials to use and in general the best places to obtain them.

Thanks in advance for any help.

josh1

Recruit
Re: Re-Wiring Advice

try adcwiring . sells complete packages , 130.00 plus depending on what you want , all easy plugs on both ends .

elkhunter338

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Re-Wiring Advice

dont go cheap, make sure and use good connections. Solder and shrink sleeve is best with tinned wire. If you are not going to use tinned wire use a good quality copper wire. If you are going to use crimp connections use some electrical grease to protect the connection for moister (like oxi guard). I rewired alot of my 1984 starcraft and wished I would have used oxi guard on all the crimp connections. Make sure and install a good fuse panel out of the weather where water is not going to drip in it. Make sure and fuse all your branch circuits and such.