Lets play identify that part.

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander
These are just some of the parts I bought as new old stock parts. I already know the name of most of the parts. I was wondering if you guys can help identify what model motor they may fit on. I know that all the parts I have list as vintage parts when looking them up on Ishopmarine. I have a few other parts that I couldn't tell ya what year or hp motor they were for.

P/N 379657 Supposedly a Johnson part
PN3796572-1.jpg

P/N 307775 Supposedly a Johnson part
PN3077751-1.jpg

P/N 301865 Supposedly a Johnson part
PN3018652-1.jpg

P/N 379117 Supposedly a Johnson part
PN3791171-1.jpg

P/N 377985 Supposedly a Johnson part
PN3779852-1.jpg

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Lets play identify that part.

1st & 3rd are carb parts, 2 looks like a timing throttle arm. 5 looks like an carb idle cam part. 4 no idea.

Laddies

Banned

1. top for mid 60s V/4 carb
2. dist/mag link rod
3. cyl head for a small engine maybe 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 HP
4. I think it's a inner latch plate for a V/4 top cowl
5. throttle cam for 60s V/4 carb.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Turn that head over and measure the bore size. 301865 seems to be an invalid number, just a casting number. Either that or it was already obsolete in 1964. You may have something valuable in that one.

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

This one here is listed as a gearcase hd on Ishopmarine as a vintage Johnson part.

I'll measure the bore size on that head, I've never done that before to be honest but I'll get some help or try my best doing it. I have so many parts, some carb needle valves, carb link rods, and much more. I figured I would seak help on the big parts for now.

P/N 382586 bottom side picture
PN3825862-1.jpg

P/N 382586 top side picture
PN3825861-1.jpg

PmDavis300

Petty Officer 2nd Class

looks like an oil seal, but thats the best i can do

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

Turn that head over and measure the bore size. 301865 seems to be an invalid number, just a casting number. Either that or it was already obsolete in 1964. You may have something valuable in that one.

I'll half to bring that head to the mechanic down the road so he can mic it. Believe me I'm hoping that it is worth something. I only paid $5 for both boxes of parts as I said earlier there are a bunch more parts. I found that I also have replacement shift handles for the late 50's johnson and evinrude motors also, I started to put them on the first post then I realized what they were lol so I took them back off of this thread. I believe they are the same thing I have on my 57 35hp Evinurde and Johnson motors.

looks like an oil seal, but thats the best i can do

It is either an oil seal or a bushing, I was thinking that it might be for the gear case but I'm not sure of that either. To be honest I might start putting these parts on Ebay but I don't see how I'm going to sell them unless the buyer already knows the part number that he needs. I can use some of the parts for my own motors. I know I can't sell them for as much as the new parts cost but I can sell them for half or a little less. Some of the parts I have (like that head), some of the parts are N/A when I looked them up on Ishopmarine. I have no intentions on advertising these parts on this website by the way, I appreciate all the help on identifying these items thus far.

CATransplant

Admiral

I think you'll be surprised on ebay. Folks are looking for parts, and they know the part number. Heck, I have four searches saved for specific part numbers. Set your opening price for what you want for the part and let fly. Sensible people looking for parts already know the part number they need.

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

I think you'll be surprised on ebay. Folks are looking for parts, and they know the part number. Heck, I have four searches saved for specific part numbers. Set your opening price for what you want for the part and let fly. Sensible people looking for parts already know the part number they need.

Sounds good enough to me. I have seen whole parts lots on ebay that went for cheap, but they didn't have any pictures of the individual parts all they had was part numbers. Like me they had basically around a $1000 worth in parts and they let it go for $100 or less. That is why I was sort of worried about selling these parts 1 by 1.

Maybe I'll do alright when I put them on Ebay. Lets put it this way, if I only sold $5 dollars worth I already got my money back :D.

I have no idea what that head or carb top would be worth.

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

Well heck here is a list of the parts I'm talking about.

Attachments

• Parts Inventory2.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 0

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Found the cylinder head. It is for a QD-10, QD-11 Johnson 10hp 1949-1950. Maybe a couple of other years also. The real part number is 375594. The head gasket is 301862, if you have one of those to go with it.

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

Found the cylinder head. It is for a QD-10, QD-11 Johnson 10hp 1949-1950. Maybe a couple of other years also. The real part number is 375594. The head gasket is 301862, if you have one of those to go with it.

Wow that is an oldy, I don't think I have a new head gasket for that, I might have a used one. Thanks for looking that up.

I have a 1955 QD16 that I thought it looked very close to but I don't think it will work on the one I have, so it must be for the older ones as you said. I might end up parting the QD16 out anyway.

That list price for that head on Ishopmarine is no help at all, $4.70, I know the part is no longer available but I figured that list price would give me some idea on what the part is worth.

jbjennings

Captain

Wildmanimal,
Here's a QD-14 head picture. that's as old as I've gotten on the 10's.
Hope it helps,
JBJ

Attachments

• QD-14 head.jpg
    QD-14 head.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 0