throttle cable question

fordmxracer

Seaman
I bought a ch1700 throttle control and not sure which cable holes to hook it up to.

I have a 98 wellcraft excel ssx with a 5.7L mercruiser carbureted

Coors

Captain
Re: throttle cable question

No instructions as to use this hole for.. that hole for...?

airframer

Petty Officer 2nd Class

just move the control threw both directions of travel, it should be self-expanitory. one will move all the way up and down(throttle) and one will move slightly in both ways(condition)

Coors

Captain

The teleflex I bought, had 3 different holes, one set for omc, one set for merc, one set for....

fordmxracer

Seaman

it had about 6 different holes to mount the cables to. half I think are for push throttle cables and the other half are for pulling cables. I just dont know which are for wich. I tryed to compare to the original throttle and they were a bit different.

fordmxracer

Seaman

Just want to thank everyone for there help but teleflex support answered with the exact holes I need!

Thanks again guys

P.S. If anyone got to a teleflex ch1700 side control and have a 1998 wellcraft excel...well here you go

"Ryan for your throttle you would use the 2 and the 2 holes which would be pulling your throttle cable as you push the hand lever forward.

The shift cable nest kit hooks to the 7/8 hole and then the end of the cable hooks to the 7 hole which again would be pulling the control cable to shift into forward gear when you push the hand lever forward
Jim at Teleflex tech support."