Attention Charlotte, NC boaters

Nandy

Commander
Has any of you been in the water already? Is it too cold to take dip? Im planing to go tomorrow but need to make a decision between doing it solo or take the family. If I go solo is all about fishing, but if I take them... Well, they will want to jump in the water. If the water is too cold I will just go by myself...

Thanks!

captain zac

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Attention Charlotte, NC boaters

Im on Lake Murray Columbia, SC
Kids went swimming last week
alot of waverunners out also
lake was 70 deg.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I was over on Tillery the weekend before last.The water temp was 68*
A few tubes being pulled but thats about it.
Its been warm this week so maybe the low 70's by now.

Jordan in Raleigh had a bunch of tubes being towed - sorry can't contend to closer.. My boys were in our local lake here - but Mama was a wimp :)

Nandy

Commander

I will either be in Mountain Island lake... It is not a cold lake anyway but maybe it will be alright...

Thanks!

Nandy

Commander

Had to postpone the day out to friday... Lets see how cold it is....

thaddeus76

Cadet

High Rock was at 71-75 degrees last weekend depending what part you were on. I actually went swimming. A lot of activity last couple weeks.

This website helps with lake level, temps and other useful info if you ever come up to High Rock

http://savehighrocklake.org/hrinfo1.asp

We had 80 in charlotte for 2 days. To get cool sunday. If you plan on getting in mountain island be prepared to be cold...Not quite swimmin weather here yet. At least we have full pond in all of the lakes.

thaddeus76

Cadet

Like I said, 75 degrees WATER temperature was warm enough for me and my 2 year old. We currently have a full pond also. Hope it lasts a little longer this season than it did last.

Nandy

Commander

After all the attemp we went to Lake Wylie sunday. Water temp was around 74 which was not bad once you were in the water after a few seconds. We only got to stay for a few hours before the bad wind weater messed it up. It was a nice day. We will be back maybe tomorrow... Thanks everyone!