Relaxing

JCF350

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I'm not much good when it comes verbiage and stuff but maybe y'all will get the drift anyway :))

Got to the Citra property on and setup the motor home. Messed around and visited on Monday (nothing here on the property except the coach and 30 x 40 shed).

Sitting around towards late evening I decided to walk down towards the lake for sunset.

Grabbed a folding chair and a leftover 1/2 pint of J.D. Black (been in the coach freezer for 2 years), made a campfire and just kicked back, relaxed and listened to the frogs and evening birds, later on a couple of owls kicked in, best part was when a big male gator started "crooning" nearby (he's about a 12' now, been there for about 3 years).

Fire burns down and I end up dozing off till late. Decided not to goto bed and grabbed a sleeping bag, coffee and breakfast fixins. Restoked the fire and stretched out in the bag nearby. Got woke up once by a some of deer making a bunch of racket in the brush. Woke in the morning, made coffee and wet a line (got a couple of channel cats) so I had fish and grits for breakfast. Kicked backed again and decided "screw doing anything else today" I'm going fishing!!! Stayed out on the lake till dark. :D:D

What a day!!!! :D:D:D:D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Relaxing

Sounds like a man who doesn't get enough peace and quiet doing some catch-up, JCF.

That's cool. :)

aspeck

Staff member

For someone who claims to not be good with verbage, you sure painted a picture that was enough to make anyone with a hint on outdoorsman in them jealous!

Now let's see, when can I fit a day like that into my schedule?????

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

I fantasized that it was me in the story... I feel so relaxed now.

JCF350

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sounds like a man who doesn't get enough peace and quiet doing some catch-up, JCF.

Actually my whole life right now is peace quiet.

Done with the rat race 3 years ago.
Don't own a whole lot and nothing is new but it is all paid for and works like it should.

The time above just seemed to be extra special and thought I'd share. :D:D

treedancer

Commander

I don’t think I’d be sleeping to soundly with that 12 foot gator "crooning" in the neighborhood. :eek:

External Combustion

Chief Petty Officer

Great post! I think we all want some more of your experience in our lives.

I had a good week end myself. Steamed around the local lake for six hours with a the mate and a friend. He took us out to eat and we had fantastic steaks.

The lake was almost void of other boaters so it was unusually quiet and peaceful.

JCF350

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I don?t think I?d be sleeping to soundly with that 12 foot gator "crooning" in the neighborhood. :eek:

We had our "territorial discussion" and after 6 months of getting mud and dirt blasted in his face he stays in his yard and I stay in mine. Him being there is actually an advantage, none of the younger ones dare come around this area or they'll get eaten, by one us anyway.;)

JCF350

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yep sure do, would love to have another. Problem is around here that they can't be allowed to run loose (they tend to un-appear around the lake) and I won't keep a dog on a leash or a chain other than potty stops while traveling.
A little dog might could work but I don't much care for that type.