Another Sears Ted Williams 7.5

sharkey808

Recruit
Hey, I'm new to tinkering with outboards, and this is my first post so bear with me.
I was recently given a Sears Ted Williams 7.5 hp outboard. I cleaned the carb and changed the fuel line from the tank and it runs strong but I think the impeller is broken because I'm not getting any mist. By the way, the "relief holes" are where the exhaust comes out of right?
My problem is that I can't even figure out where the model number is on it. There is a tin tab between the carb and the cylinder with the numbers 1-640-06A and 6796121 on it. There is also a plate above the clamps with the number 222253 etched into it. The plate is rubbed pretty bare but the words "simpson sears" are readable on the bottom right corner. I assume that is the serial number but that doesn't help me much. Where do I look for the model number?
Thanks
Sharkey

sharkey808

Recruit
Re: Another Sears Ted Williams 7.5

Bueller? Anybody?

Where would I find the model number on a Ted Williams 7.5?

I can't even get a service manual until I figure this out.

Sharkey

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

I think you will find these motors are all very similar. try certified parts corp or even sears.Sears won't have parts but but you can look up. I bet you find the impeller covers many years.I have 4 after market manuals from 55 - 85 info on these Eska built motors is covered pretty good.If you get a manual on ebay or somewhere it will tell you which power head is used in which year.
7 hp and 7.5 hp from72-85 used the AV817 Tecumseh air cooled uniblock power head.

kokeslayer

Recruit

I too was just given a 7.5 h.p. Sears Ted Williams but they didn't have the fuel line or tank. Can you tell me how you changed the fuel line? I can't find one of that style. Thanks
Steve Wallace 530-587-2274

Hey, I'm new to tinkering with outboards, and this is my first post so bear with me.
I was recently given a Sears Ted Williams 7.5 hp outboard. I cleaned the carb and changed the fuel line from the tank and it runs strong but I think the impeller is broken because I'm not getting any mist. By the way, the "relief holes" are where the exhaust comes out of right?
My problem is that I can't even figure out where the model number is on it. There is a tin tab between the carb and the cylinder with the numbers 1-640-06A and 6796121 on it. There is also a plate above the clamps with the number 222253 etched into it. The plate is rubbed pretty bare but the words "simpson sears" are readable on the bottom right corner. I assume that is the serial number but that doesn't help me much. Where do I look for the model number?
Thanks
Sharkey

CATransplant

Admiral

If you're talking about an external tank, any non-pressure fuel tank will do. You'll need a standard hose with a bulb, and a Chrysler fitting to go on the hose to connect to the engine.

All of the Eska-based 7.5s use the Chrysler-type fitting. If you can't find one locally, iboats.com sells them. Just search for fuel connector in the Marine Store section.