AQ130A on glastron

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: AQ130A on glastron

Well sorry to hear it was as bad as it could get. But glad you found it before it destroyed even more things.
Since things have gone bad that far, I would strongly suggest you replace the flex plate attached to the flywheel #34 in the link below, and the pilot bearing parts (23, 24, 25) in the link below.
http://www.volvopentastore.com/CRAN...*****.635669121--store_id.366--view_id.317192

They normally get destroyed when the bearing goes out like that.

renny1

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks don i am looking at a flywheel on usa ebay with a buy it now at half the price i can get one from here in the UK but unsure if its the right one item number 300208854270
and as im at it i will change them items as suggested and should be out on the water in a couple of weeks

Don S

You don't need the FLYWHEEL, just the flexplate (called a vibration dampner or absorber in the link)
The flywheel should be fine.

mcleaves

Chief Petty Officer

Wow.. Sorry to hear the bad news.. I have long heard (mostly from Don ;) ) that these issues can take out a bellhousing. This is the first one I have actaully heard of.

Glad you are going to get it taken care of before you it all came apart at speed and took out your transom shield

Good luck with the hunt. There are usually lot of parts for old Volvo 4 bangers on ebay.

M

mcleaves

Chief Petty Officer

Don, is the flex plate from the 125A the same at the 130A? I may have one still in the garage. He can have it for shipping costs if I do and it fits. I'll have to look around for it.

M

renny1

Petty Officer 1st Class

You don't need the FLYWHEEL, just the flexplate (called a vibration dampner or absorber in the link)
The flywheel should be fine.
why i said flywheel i dont know i actually meant bell housing lol on that item number

mcleaves

Chief Petty Officer

But you still need to track down a flexplate regardless, as Don mentions

M

mcleaves

Chief Petty Officer

I used to have a ton of spare parts for my old 125A. Much left when i sold the boat so most are gone, but I swear I saw a flexplate in there recently.

Let see what Don says

M

Don S

I was just looking at the bellhousing. I don't know what it fits, but it could be for your engine. One question though, does your engine have front motor mounts? If not that bellhousing will NOT work. No place for the support pad.

Mike. Your 125 has a different flex plate and flywheel than his 130. He doesn't have an OHC engine.

renny1

Petty Officer 1st Class

no she doesnt so i guess i will leave that one then

mcleaves

Chief Petty Officer

Thx Don.. I just couldn't recall which ones were OHC and which ones were push rods.. Used to know that all by heart. In some ways I am happy to have forgetton! ;)

Don S

Sorry about killing off all the good deals you keep finding. But I guess it's better than buying them and finding out they won't work.

Ride The Lightning

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have a flywheel here.
You can have this one for only the shipping costs...But shipping to UK is expensive, isn't it? If you are interested I will find out.

schwungscheibeag9.jpg

Ride The Lightning

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Oh sorry, you don't need this one. Unfortunately I haven't got the vibration damper any more...

renny1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oh sorry, you don't need this one. Unfortunately I haven't got the vibration damper any more...

lol sorry larrs that was my fault for saying flywheel thanks for the offer though it is gratfully apreciated