Boat shipping

fordmxracer

Seaman
Looking to ship a boat from atlanta GA and Beaumont Texas or Lake Charles LA or even Houston texas (which ever one is cheapest).

Anybody have any good suggestions on who to look into? Looking to spend about $600. Is that to cheap?

Ryan

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: Boat shipping

If you can find the "bloke" er ah "auzzie" (sorry man....I do like Foster's) who asked the same question a few days ago I gave him some things to consider.

Mark

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

Back when I was considering having a Scout shipped up from Boston to Toronto I got a significant reduction in the amount quoted by asking if they could book it for a truck that would otherwise be making the trip back empty. Course it becomes at their convenience, not yours under those circumstances, but it would be worth asking. The deadhead quote was something like $1200 for 500 miles if I recall correctly. Plan for the marina to stick ya a couple hundred to load it -- least this one tried to. In the end it was cheaper to book a flight, rent a truck, and tow it home. And that was from the southern part of North Carolina.

seafox 257

Seaman Apprentice

I doubt 600 bucks will get you far maybe a junk truck and no insurance I was going to get my boat shipped from fl to Chicago and it is a 25' checkmate the cheapest price I got was 4200 I said no way! Good luck though

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

"http://www.boats.com/boat-transport/index.jsp"

oops!

Supreme Mariner

buck and a quarter a mile..........standard....if not more

use craigs list....see if any ones goin that way with a truk.....

or drive.......

cheers
oops