Prop problem !!!!!

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Prop problem !!!!!

your link didnt work on my puter.

if its a link to another retail prop seller, its against the rules.....VERY against the rules....i boats sells props

if it is a link to a commercial retail site.....you can edit it your self. just hit the edit button and take it out.

if the mods (there really good here) see it they will give you a warning....

and u dont want that! :eek:

tigerhack

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i think if you try to go to different styles/manufacturers there might be some changes....my prop guys have had to play with adding some stuff to change props...i wasnt sure what was going on but i felt the guy was just tring to give me a story so he could sell me a prop.

btw. what island?

I am in the Cayman island , the guys here are cool mon, this prop was given to me . i am going to try and fix my tach in the morning though , and the speed o meter too, i see where the hose on the footend cut lose , but after i joint it the speedo meter still dont work , is it water force move it ,are just a mild pressure ?

oops!

Supreme Mariner

caymans......im jelous
no wonder your boating!

if its connected to a little plastic thingie that goes in the water
its a pitot tube. not very reliable, but you will at least get an approximate speed. that tach will tell you most of what u want to know..

every 200 rpm means i inch of pitch....approx.

a guy by the name qc here is good with props, however looking at the list of names of guys that have answered this thread.....pick one! there all good.

HAH if you dont get it figgered out soon ill book a trip there for me and my gal and water test that puppie!!!:D

tigerhack

Petty Officer 2nd Class

caymans......im jelous
no wonder your boating!

if its connected to a little plastic thingie that goes in the water
its a pitot tube. not very reliable, but you will at least get an approximate speed. that tach will tell you most of what u want to know..

every 200 rpm means i inch of pitch....approx.

a guy by the name qc here is good with props, however looking at the list of names of guys that have answered this thread.....pick one! there all good.

HAH if you dont get it figgered out soon ill book a trip there for me and my gal and water test that puppie!!!:D

Come on Down My Friend..:)

BAYLINER185

Chief Petty Officer

Was at Grand Cayman last year WOW when I got home I bought a new boat :)

as the others said get your tach fixed and then give us soem #'s

What make and model is the motor? Mercruser? Most mercruser's run at 4500 to 4800 at WOT so if you are in that range your prop is the correct prop. If RPM is lower at WOT then its the wron prop.

walleyehed

Admiral

Ditto on the above help....and, that tach...that is THE most important gauge in the boat for telling what your engine is doing....speed is only a result of how well the set-up actually is.
The speed will figure in on the efficiency side which will follow hand-in-hand with the quality of prop in the right style.
Tach first, adjustment for speed later...

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

While it is "theoretically" true that more pitch = more speed, and less pitch = better hole shot, you can only achieve more speed by increasing pitch IF the engine has enough power to spin that prop. That's why we keep asking for RPM numbers with your current prop. If the current prop allows the engine to run at in its recommended RPM band, then adding more pitch causes the engine to lug and will likely slow down rather than speed up. Why? Because the engine can't spin that much pitch. It will also cause much worse hole shot because the engine can't rev. On the other hand, if the current prop allows the engine to exceed the the recommended RPM band, then the 19P prop will help. The long and short of this is you need to get some items fixed.

tigerhack

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hey guys i have straighten my prop and it is now working , it did take a while but it pay off .