Cant find my cruiser

Black Snow Slide

Petty Officer 1st Class
I love my little Wellcraft sportsman 180 but putting 250 hours on the motor per year ay to its maxwe are wanting to go bigger. We load every other day to its max and it takes it with a smile.

We want to get into sport cruising. Most of our time is rafting and ejoying a cruisein bays and coastal waters. My wife and I really like the SeaRay 240 Sundancer but ohhh how I love haveing out boards. I also like to fish a few times a year pulling in strippers. I need to trailer so 8.5 foot beam is important.

Anyone know of good cruiser style boats that have outboards? I cant find any out there.

KCook

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Cant find my cruiser

In Europe you would have plenty of choices. Not nearly so many for North America, though a few Canadian builders may be worth a look. Otherwise all you will find are fishing WalkArounds. Which do not have the style of the Sundancer, nor the 2nd cabin under the cockpit for that matter.

Kelly Cook

D

DJ

Kelly,

It sounds like Eaurope is more into outboard power, even on larger cruisers. Why is that?

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

Few!!!! I thought this was another "my boat's been stolen thread".

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

I'm not sure DJ. But in the Scandinavian region OB rules. Other parts of Europe seem to reflect about the same OB vs I/O balance as found in the US. They've got some classy looking OB boats in Finland-Norway-Sweden. Many with cabin.

Kelly

D

DJ

Kelly,

I can understand, in the colder climates. OB's would be a lot less hassle to keep in the winter.

I have a cousin that lives in Sweden. I'll ask him for some pic's.

Thanks.

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

That winter factor was my thinking as well ...

Cptkid570

Ensign

What year and price range are you looking for in a cruiser? Newer or older?

mattttt25

Commander

if you must trailer, you're probably limited to a 23-26' walkaround with twin outboards. won't be the nicest cruiser, but meets your requirements.

Black Snow Slide

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am wanting to go new. The closest thing I have found is a WellCraft 252 Coastal but cabin and confortable seating is pretty sparce. Also like that it is available with twin 200hp E-Tecs.
I also like it because around the Buzzards Bay area, Cape Cod and islands seas on a very regular and unpredictable way like to go from 1' or less to 3-5' in 30 minutes. Kinda scarry with an 18' boat.
I so wish I could find same as the Coastal but more comforts to keep the wife a happy wife.

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

A Grady-White, Pursuit, or Stamas will be slightly more posh than the Wellcraft, but also a whole lot more $$.

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant

Wow. The Pursuit offshore 235 and 255 sure look nice.

I think they should fit the requirements well...how big is your wallet?