Anybody Hunt Ducks?

GreatRiverDucker

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Is anybody else out there in iboats land gettin ready to head out in the marsh, get cold and muddy just to see if any ducks are interested? Because I'm dyin to get out there this weekend.:cool:

Re: Anybody Hunt Ducks?

Fer sher. We've had well above average rainfall this year. Looks like the marsh end of the lake might actually be a wooded marsh for the first time in about 6 years. Hafta' get through dove, quail, turkey and deer seasons first but, yup I'll be ready. Then the real fun...goose season. We hunt geese on dry land here. Big ag country. Set out the spread, get under burlap, blow the calls then start blastin!

aspeck

Staff member

Not a diehard duck fan, but do a little shooting. Do more deer hunting with bow, muzzleloader, handgun and rifle. Also like a little wing action with grouse, and turkey and rabbits are calling also. And don't forget the varmints!

PierBridge

Chief Petty Officer

Is anybody else out there in iboats land gettin ready to head out in the marsh, get cold and muddy just to see if any ducks are interested? Because I'm dyin to get out there this weekend.:cool:

Can't wait!!!!.....unfortunately we are pulling docks this weekend "6 cabins worth" so I'm hoping to get out Sunday Morning in the McGregor area if all goes well Saturday.

Where are you going to be hunting????

Later Pier!

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would only hunt ducks with a camera. If I feel like killing something they have games for that on the computer.....ANIMAL {ALL ANIMALS SHOULD LIVE.....except cows and pigs...very tastey,,, I'm not PETA but I think the deer are prettyer in the woods than on a plate. And yes I would shoot Bambi if I was hungry enough}. :D

jbjennings

Captain

I only hunt 'em when season is open, I'm not working, and still breathing.
One problem, warm weather since 1985 here in Louisiana is making the hunting really tough. We did do pretty well around 1997-2000 when the pop. was up a little. I also happen to be the best and least modest mallard duck caller in the world. Should you ever need my services, please call collect..
By the way, I despise the feed call--find it always sounds like a "fear" call when made loud enough for a duck to hear it. Now, before I get all controversial and tell you more of my obnoxious duck hunting opinions, the answer to your question is YES, I DO!!!!:):):):):)

GreatRiverDucker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hey Pier I'm up in Duluth, just moved here so not quite sure where I'm going to hunt but I've been doing a little scouting and I'm optimistic. I'm headed out to SD in a couple of weeks that should be a blast!