Experiences with Weight Watchers??

rogerwa

Commander
Hey I just joined today and was wondering what other experiences are out there. I am not a huge guy, I run about 205 and about 6'. I carry it all above the belt and I just got to the point of not liking that protrusion.

Let's just say I did not start off well as I blew over my daily points allowance by 30%.

I have not told my wife yet and I'm not sure I will. Let her notice.

Anywho, tell me your success or other stories.

Once I lose the weight I am going in for the hair thing and then its the sports car.. JK..

Pony

Rear Admiral
Re: Experiences with Weight Watchers??

My mom lost 47lbs on WW and swears by it. Its all about portion control and making sure the diet is well balanced. Like other "lifestyle" changes to lose weight......it only works if you stay persistant.

SuzukiChopper

Senior Chief Petty Officer

my girlfriend, well ex girlfriend, I think... long story... lost 30lbs on Weight Watchers. Think she was paying $30 every Monday for the weigh ins and such.

I lost 100lbs with a $100 weight set and no special diet and built quite a bit of muscle while I was at it. I put on 40lbs though because I stopped (40lbs really does look bad), but will be starting again!

Different strokes for different folks, but whatever helps take the weight off and keep it off is VERY well worth it. Definitely makes a person feel better physically and emotionally.

rentalguy1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

My wife has lost about 60 lbs with WW and kept it off for over 5 years. It's a good program, but let me make a suggestion. In addition to WW principals, take a little time to read up on nutrition. If you can get yourself into weight lifting, and working on the "core" muscle groups while following a weightlifter's diet combined with the discipline of the WW program, then you'll be a lean, mean, boating machine in no time. Just remember...fish, poultry, eggs, low fat milk (all for protein), whole grain breads and cereals, plenty of fiber, fruits and vegetables. And the most important part of any diet and exercise program: WATER. Drink it till you wanna puke. The body burns calories just by having to warm the water up in order to process it.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

my room mate, has spent thousands of dollars at weight watchers, had the gastric by pass. she lost 125 lbs with the by pass, but has put 25 back on. has stretch her stomach back out, and eats more than me. goes to yoga, the Y, jazzercise, and still doesn't loose a pound.

i lost 60 lbs, back in the late 70' early 80's, using the then WW diet, not a member, got the info from a friend who was a member.

all it boiled down to is watching what you put in your mouth. you will be hungry for a week, then the stomach starts to shrink. i not eat 4 small balanced meals a day.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

My wife sometimes gets motivated and she will join for a while,although in my opinion she does not need it.
Funny thing is that whenever she goes there,I do all weight losing.

Mike722

Petty Officer 1st Class

The wife likes the weight in to keep her honest, but I think it is expensive. She has lost over 75 lbs in two years or so. The wife also likes their "forum".

BTW, if you thought DC here was out of hand, some of the women over there can be down right nasty to each other.

rogerwa

Commander

I really only have about 25 to lose and would probalby see a good difference with 10-15. Seeing that I blew all my points yesterday will help me reign them in. I think once I get a pattern down, it won't be so hard.

My one vice is coffee, which is a freebee. that and replace the pop and snacks at night with fruit and water could make a big difference.

tommays

Admiral

It is hard ;)

around 20 something i shot up to 275 pounds at 6'1"

I was walking across a big plant and walked on a platform scale buy chance :eek:

I have done OA ,kinda of like AA

The biggest problem i have had is ONCE you reach goal weight :rolleyes: trying to hold it

Ya i got to light also at one point i droped to 159 and had health issues from that :(

At 51 it is still a daily fight and i find myself at 190 and working back towards my nice 175 range

Tommays

zoe'sdad

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The good thing about Weight Watchers is that you don't really have to change the food you eat as you would on a low-fat or all protein diet. The books that come with the program will give point values for everthing including resturants and prepared or packaged foods. If they are not listed then use the point calculator to figure out serving size. Just keep track of your points and you will lose weight. Remember that you have flex points that could cancel out the extra points you consumed. One more thing, caffeine is a diaretic. It causes you to dehydrate so drink a glass of water after your cup of coffee.

Good Luck!