Throttle cable

cortes

Seaman
1989 88spl. When I went out for a cruise I noticed that the throttle didn't start to really open up till I was about halfway up on the control, then I finally hit the top and motor wasn't running at top speed. Is this just a cable adjustment? Also motor seemed to get a late reaction to the control. seemed as if I gave it a shot of NOS and it took off. Any input?
Thank you

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Throttle cable

And above all, DO NOT adjust the cable in an attempt to get the throttle plates to open further. Throttle opening is determined during the link & sync process. The cable adjustment is to adjust cable length only. If you adjust it to pull the thottle open more, it will not allow the throttle to close fully.

cortes

Seaman
Re: Throttle cable

And above all, DO NOT adjust the cable in an attempt to get the throttle plates to open further. Throttle opening is determined during the link & sync process. The cable adjustment is to adjust cable length only. If you adjust it to pull the thottle open more, it will not allow the throttle to close fully.

OK, So the throttle plates need to be Horizontal at most with arm all the way up. Correct?