VERY IMPORTANT, Please read and respond

rad1026

Chief Petty Officer
This isn't new information but please take the time to go to the website and watch the video.

The 9th Circuit has infringed upon sacred territory and made a ruling that affects all recreational boaters.

http://www.boattest.com/nmma.aspx

Please take action immediately; let our voices be heard!

All you have to do is enter your zip code and the web page will address it to your elected officials representing ( ) your state/district.

valkyr

Chief Petty Officer
Re: VERY IMPORTANT, Please read and respond

Quick summary:

In 2006 a US District Court nullified an EPA regulation exempting recreational boaters from the the same requirements as large polluters. (Ocean Liners, cargo ships etc).

They directed the EPA to rewrite the legislation by Sept 2008.

The EPA has rewritten the legislation and its called the "Recreational Boating Act of 2007 (H.R. 2550)" and would "enshrine into law the 34-year old exemption for recreational boats".

Please note that its Sept 2008 that a new bill has to be passed, not Sept of this year.

So, basically you want your Senators and Representatives to support this bill and vote for it. Otherwise you could end up paying an EPA fee after Sept 2008.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

How many posts are we gonna have to read about this? This makes three that I can think of.

Congress is considering making the previous exemption law.

The sky is NOT falling.

QC

Supreme Mariner

JB,

You need to recognise that some members may not have seen the previous posts. I, for one, think the NMMA link was very informative and I very much appreciated the simple way they offered for direct contact to my Senators and the Representative from my district.

Thanks radman.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Okay, okay.

Peace.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Cool bro :)

1648Grumman

Cadet

Thanks for posting this again! I sent my letter in, and sent the link to all my boating friends.:D