Gps/sonar/fuel Management,what System(s)

kellydee

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey guys,first time posting here.I'm looking at getting a new GPS/Sounder combo.I also want a fuel management system(fuel flow as well as MPG).I fish saltwater and like to venture off-shore.I'm told the lowrance units work good as far as having the ability to hook it all together but,I'm told the Garmin has better mapping, sonar?Any suggestions? Jerry

tommays

Admiral
Re: Gps/sonar/fuel Management,what System(s)

You will find the Lowrance can do fuel flow AND fuel level with an analog to digital tank level sender that can be fully calibrated at 5 points as the tank is filled

While other brands can also do these things if you look at the cost of the parts needed to hook these things up it cost a LOT more :eek:

Tommays

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

I recently picked up a Garmin 178, there are so many option's on the unit it will take me quite a while to bring to it's full potential. You may want to go to the mfg's web site's and down load a owner's manual and get some understanding just how capable these thing's are, its amazing.

From what i understand Garmin has a better gps system and lowerance/ eagle has superior fish finding or sonar. One thing that is important is screen size and how well it illuminates and or deteriorate's in the sun..

fossell

Cadet

hi first time for me to .. my father inlaw has just bought me a navman 6500 from the states a lot less then ozy price it doesnt boil the coffee but just about every thing else try

bonzerimports.com/fish_finders/northstar.htm
this is were he bought it from . have a look

good luck every one has a better one but they all work ahahahahahah

Last edited by a moderator: