The greatest towing accessory ever!

billy&emma

Cadet
The first obstacle to using our Trailer is hooking it up. My wife, whom I love dearly (and who may read this post), would stand alongside our SUV, guiding me over the ever elusive trailer hitch ball, only to tell me that I needed to be an inch in one direction or the other. Major marital strife. Just before our vacation in July, I found on the web called the EZ-Hitch, but did not know anyone who had used one. Well, knowing that I could send it back if I did not like it, I purchased one. It is the greatest accessory I have ever purchased. I had previously purchased the a magnetic backing guide ,With these, I could get close, but not quite over the ball. However, with the EZ-Hitch, I slowly back up and make contact with the trailer tongue. By the time I hear the metal contact, the tongue has guided in place over the ball. I set the brake, get out, and lower the tongue onto the ball. It is that simple. It is now a one-person job, with no stress.

The installation was quite simple and only required removing and reinstalling the hitch ball.
They are available at several sites on the Internet at varying prices. Knowing how easy this makes hooking up, I’d pay full retail for the convenience. Here is a link for anyone interested.
ezhitch.biz/
:) :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: The greatest towing accessory ever!

How about a photo ???

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

they do work well as long as the trailer jack is the right height. don't get to high and ding the back door.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Looks good and so easy to make similar. There could be a "kenmyfam" version of this appearing on the back of my Windstar real soon !!!!

billy&emma

Cadet

sorry kenfarm ......don't know how to do pictures here.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

b&e, clik go advanced, then manage attachments, then you can upload from computer or from a hosting site, like photobucket.

billy&emma

Cadet

ezparts2ezsystem.jpg

Thanks.....cool....I got it!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

I can hook up my trailer by myself. Never seen hooking up a trailer as the "greatest obstacle".

I wouldn't put that thing on if it was free.

Al Kungel

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Cabelas has them for $39.99
Hitch Aligner Item:IH-521806

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Oh the joys of a little boat where you take the boat to the truck and not vica versa. But, after a while you get real good at getting the ball directly under the trailer with two people. When we have to get my Scout troop trailer home for modifications (I am quartermaster) it is 2500 plus or minus pounds and is on a sandy rocky grassy patch of dirt. We can get the truck within a 1/2 an inch from center. with that, lower it down on top of the ball, and the metal on metal slides easily to center.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Easy folks !!!! just remember that some people have shoulder and back problems that limits their reversing to the hitch abilities somewhat and this could help them. My wife with one of these in place could back the van up to the hitch while I have another beer !!!. You may all "never be seen dead " with one of these but to certain folk in certain circumstances it could be a definite asset !!!!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

My wife and teenage daughter hook up a horse trailer with no problem and they just learned how to do it...it is not a big deal.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

It's always easier to hitch up if no one helps. It's just not a two person job.

edzzed

Seaman Apprentice

princess auto in canada sells a one person hitch. it has a winch with cable that pulls the trailer to the ball and will lift it up and onto that ball. since my trailer can be moved by hand it was not for me. it's called the hitchmatic wind in trailer coupler. on sale right now for 48.88 canadian. can be viewed in pdf catalogue page 43 of 48pages. Ed

http://65.110.80.25/pdfs/Event9_flyer_english.pdf

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I can hook up my trailer by myself. Never seen hooking up a trailer as the "greatest obstacle".

I got to agree!! I never had a problem.Even with my Tahoe with barn doors i can hit it dead center,thats what side mirrors are for..But i have pulled every kind of trailer known to man...:D

burroak

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I like seeing a guy with hair on his towing ball.:D