Think I flooded, but not sure?

Smitty814

Recruit
I have a 93' 70hp Evinrude. Just bought it last year, and got it mounted on my boat last week. When I bought it, it ran great. Wired it up just as I took it off the guys boat I bought it from. I connected the fuel line and oil line to the motor. I primed both bulbs pretty hard. I turned the key and choked it a few times. The motor turned over nicely, but wouln't fire. I did this several times, without choking. I had the motor trimmed up a little, and noticed a small pool of fuel at the front of the cowling. I trimmed it down and took out the spark plugs. They were wet, so I dried them and checked for spark. Had spark in the top two, but faint spark in the bottom one. I continued checking them, and eventually lost spark in the bottom one. Put them back in and turned it over several more times. It won't fire. Well... I drained my battery. So, I pulled the plugs and left it over night to dry out. Today I put in brand new plugs and turned it over. Won't fire, but sounded like it wanted to once. I trimmed the motor all the way down and noticed fuel leaking out of the exhaust and two cycle oil draining down the skeg guard. Do you think I just really flooded it, or is something wrong with the carbs, or something else. I did open up the red switch that fully opens the choke by accident. (didn't know what I was doing at the time) Sorry so long, but wanted to give as much info. as I could. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Think I flooded, but not sure?

by opening the turning the red handle, it's easy to flood . but you not getting spark, here are some test for the electrical system, find your engine, there are several pages here. copy and paste without the "" "http://www.boatpartstore.com/page32.asp"