Vlad D Impeller

Commander
Re: The Dadburn Youngun ! ! !

"but who among us never did anything dumb when we were adolescents?"

ME! Everything that i did which was dumb occured post adolescence. :%

agitator

Petty Officer 2nd Class

As a college student the tattoo should simplify his choice of a career as there are no tattoos in the board room.8)

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I respect your opinion there EF, and I agree with it. While I still say he has a right to get it you should, nope, wrong word, SHALL have control over his actions. My oldest is only 11 so your in a area I haven't experianced yet. I moved out at 18 and 3 months to go to tech school. It didn't work out so back to mom and dad's I went. I understood without being told that there were rules I had to follow. It was kinda hard cuz I'd been my own man for a short while but it beat the streets. I had to pay rent albeit a very small one, and help out with food and house duties. I stayed 7 months and have never been back. Dad always made me bust my arse working with him. Thanks to him theres not much I can't do. Anything on a car is possible for me. Most everything on a house is also possible. I can run all types of equipment and do darn near anything. As I said before I have 5 tats however none are visible in a tshirt. I have to present a professional appearnce and kept the tats under cover for that reason. Now my brother is a different story. He was a mommas boy and mom always protected him from our dad. He's been a slacker most of his life except for sports. Wanna see something that'll make ya proud that is all your son has? Nope, my bro has definetly kicked hisself out of many future jobs and he automatically gets questioned by law enforcement. Whad'ya think?-

l_024197bacc7b6c74c80f087db2855830.jpg

434249002_l.jpg

434249510_l.jpg

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

What else could a fother say to his son or daughter, but what has been said since the dawn of man..........
an19.gif

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

he pulls his big 215 lb. butt under my table
Wow!, how much does he weigh overall......d:)
Seriously, though....
I agree with JB.....
You can try to rule with an iron fist, but when he is in a position when he doesn' t need ya anymore, then POOF!.......
By all means voice your displeasure, but keep harpin' on it & you will create animosity & drive him away.....
He could have done something worse....
That said, my Mom could make me feel worse with her disapproval than her rules.....
TG, is right on it .....
One disapproving look from my Mom was worth a thousand rules......IMHO......;)

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Yet another page full of ammo in favor of my decision NOT to reproduce :p

xtraham

Lieutenant

Haut said:
he pulls his big 215 lb. butt under my table
Wow!, how much does he weigh overall......d:)

thanks ol' mud duck!
my LOL for the day.................
now go roll some carpet................;)

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

I think that what he had tattoo'd speaks volumes about him. I hate tattoos and would never get one, but I think that tattoo is very sentimental. Cut him some slack but let him know that if he gets another... he dies! :devil:

xtraham

Lieutenant

stevieray said:

c'mon stevie, you no you want to come to OC and get a tat of a Rock Fish, or maybe the pocomoke city bridge ;)
BTW we have a nice golf course, it even has a boat ramp

xtraham

Lieutenant

RubberFrog said:
I think that what he had tattoo'd speaks volumes about him. I hate tattoos and would never get one, but I think that tattoo is very sentimental. Cut him some slack but let him know that if he gets another... he dies! :devil:

I agree froglegs,
A heart felt tat for sure, but as a father I feel his pain, and understand

ehenry

Commander

R. F., The tattoo being of what it is....is the only thing that kept me from scrubbin it off with carburetor cleaner and 20 grit sand paper!

xtraham

Lieutenant

ehenry said:
R. F., The tattoo being of what it is....is the only thing that kept me from scrubbin it off with carburetor clean and 20 grit sand paper!
I'm glad my dad didn't think of the carb cleaner.......:%

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

xtraham said:
stevieray said:

c'mon stevie, you no you want to come to OC and get a tat of a Rock Fish, or maybe the pocomoke city bridge ;)
BTW we have a nice golf course, it even has a boat ramp

What, ham? I was talking about not having any KIDS! Also, I'm not a body-art man, myself :p

xtraham

Lieutenant

just pokin' stevie, just pokin'
but we really do have a nice golf course with a ramp if ya ever want a tour of the river give me a shout.........

Gabby

Petty Officer 2nd Class

For what's it worth, my 18 year old got a tat the first week he was out of school and out of the house, and my reaction wasn't that different than yours. Then he showed it to us. "Velveeta Richard" had his mothers name tattoo'd on his bicep. Kind of hard to eat his shorts for that one. Especially with mom getting weepy on me.

Keep your wits about you. In time he may regret it, he may not. But he's still your boy.