Bill Maher's comment about Cheney....

waterinthefuel

Commander
Admittedly Ann Coulters comment about John Edwards was uncalled for, but where is the outrage at Maher about Cheney? Even when algor was our VP, I didn't wish him dead, or even hint at it.

C'mon libs, don't you think it's time to take care of your own?

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bill Maher's comment about Cheney....

Not sure what Maher said, but it would have been quite ironic if Cheney had been taken out in Afghanistan.....
Especially because he pulled out all the stops to avoid Viet Nam.......;)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Who, Haut? Cheney or Maher? Pulled out what stops?

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Cheney.....
P.S. I do not wish him dead......
& I hope his blood clot thing works out O.K.....
But, it would have been ironic......:love:

i386

Captain

Maher's comment is unacceptable. I listened to a bit of Ed Shultz today around lunch time and he didn't let the guy off the hook either.

If Ann Coulter didn't present her views in such a vile way, I might be able to finish one of her books. I tried, honest I did.

OldMercsRule

Captain

i386 said:
Maher's comment is unacceptable. I listened to a bit of Ed Shultz today around lunch time and he didn't let the guy off the hook either.

If Ann Coulter didn't present her views in such a vile way, I might be able to finish one of her books. I tried, honest I did.

I hate to admit it, but I couldn't finish Ann's last one either. That said: Treason was spell binding n' changed my perception about ol' Joe McCarthy. I even bought the "Venona Project", (I think it was called). It is surprizing how many Democrats were hooked up with Uncle Joe, and supported by current Libs even after the document dump by the old USSR. JR

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Hey, this thread, it's sound's like a replay of Cheech Limbaugh's damage control show from today.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, I actually saw it on HBO last night and flipped out. I am writing them. Didn't last night, but thanks for the reminder . . . I can't stand the guy anyway, so I hope we can soon say good riddance.

http://newsbusters.org/node/11169

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

QC said:
Yeah, I actually saw it on HBO last night and flipped out. I am writing them. Didn't last night, but thanks for the reminder . . . I can't stand the guy anyway, so I hope we can soon say good riddance.

http://newsbusters.org/node/11169

Based on past experience, I wouldn't be surprised to see it sooner than later.

treedancer

Commander

I seen the video he is using as his excuse that he was repeating a quote, very lame, as lame as what Anne Coulter is saying that what she said is out of context, they are both using that as a excuse ,a pox on both.:devil:

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah Coulter is an embarassment.

What is Barney Frank saying about this? He was in attendance at the HBO deal. Shouldn't he have defended the VP in this context? Hmmmmmmm . . .

ricksrster

Commander

Liberals and assassination wishes. Maher isn't the first. Remember the movie recently released about the President?
By the way, What really happened to Vince Foster?

waterinthefuel

Commander

BLU said:
Hey, this thread, it's sound's like a replay of Cheech Limbaugh's damage control show from today.

Ahh, glad to hear someone is listening to him, because I don't.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

An abuse of free speech no doubt.
Lets not forget that Bill Maher and Ann Coulter are all about publicity, they make their living off of the fickle-minded.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Agree Vlad, they are entertainers first. There is no such thing as bad publicity . . .

It is different though for a member of the House of Representatives in attendance. I believe he/she has responsibilities.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Strap Bill Maher to the head of a nuke and drop him in the center of the middle east.

treedancer

Commander

Quote rubberfrog

Strap Bill Maher to the head of a nuke and drop him in the center of the middle east.

Sounds good to me frog ,with one stipulation, put dear Ann on the tail of the bomb.8)

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

treedancer said:
Quote rubberfrog

Sounds good to me frog ,with one stipulation, put dear Ann on the tail of the bomb.8)

It's a deal!

OldMercsRule

Captain

QC said:
Yeah Coulter is an embarassment.

What is Barney Frank saying about this? He was in attendance at the HBO deal. Shouldn't he have defended the VP in this context? Hmmmmmmm . . .

I don't think Ann Coulter is an embarassment in any way shape or form, (BTW n' jus' 'cause I think that does not mean anything). She may say things most would not, and some times I wish she would choose a different way to say things she says. That said: she is great, and definately contributes to critical thinking in America today! I also do not mind Bill Maher. He is very smart, n' he sticks his foot in his mouth from time to time, (as does Ann), and he also contributes to critical thinking in America today. Hard ball political and or comical discourse may not be for all people. Those who do not like it should stear clear. Maher said something he has the right to say, I don't agree with it and he may have positive or negative cornsequenses for the rant. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from cornsequences. To those who have very thin skins or are totally intolerant of others who do not totally agree with them: it is really you that have the problem, and you should learn to listen and learn or hang out in a padded room with bunnies, butterflies n' a large glass of Kood aid, (the flavor you like of course)! Respectfully, (and I do mean it to all) JR ps Not pickin' on you at all QC you just give me the opportunity to rant!8)8)

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Do I need to dig up the pink bunny?