My Super Bowl Sunday (pics)

QC

Supreme Mariner
Well really it was Saturday, but I guess I don't feel that bad now even though I have been working in Australia for the last two Super Bowls. A guy that works for us in Perth has his own Fishing Charter business on the side, Solty's Fishing Service. He just bought a new 8 meter LeisureCat made there in Perth. They pack a lot of boat down there into 25 feet. Twin 200 ETECs and she easily bumped 50 MPH. Very good in 6 foot seas and a lot of slop running at 30 MPH. Very rarely slammed although we managed to make the boss puke :% Dave seriously owed him that . . . revenge is sweet 8) (Thanks for the warning Aldo, I am done poking fun and anger at the boss online, but I had to get in one more . . . )

This is a Sistership.
lc8000_overview.jpg

Dave's hardtop extends back to cover this nice long bench (his boat):
270_ckpit.jpg

Happy new owner (not our trip):
115-1505_IMG.JPG

Dave is the one in shoes and socks, he does our field support in Australia. They call those Dhufish (they kinda pronounce it like Jewfish). Very good eating.

We went out for the whole day. Fishing wasn't that great, but it was really fun and I got the Jackpot Fish.
They call this a Queen Snapper:
CAP%20FISHING%20002.jpg

Pictures don't do Her Majesty justice. Beautiful shimmering pastel colors, and those lips :love: We let her go to make more Prince Snappers . . .

We had lunch anchored off of Rottnest Island in a great little bay. We had freshly caught Pink Snapper and Aussies make a mean SuperDog with Grilled onions!!

(Edit: oops, there was another pic of the bay here once . . . funny way to punish a picture seeker)

rotnest2.jpg

Best example of the bay I could find online . . .

BTW, I am posting this from the Hong Kong airport. No problem getting on to iboats and I didn't have to use a proxy server although I did have to log on . . .

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: My Super Bowl Sunday (pics)

[colour=blue]Working hard I see - NOT.

Great pics, nice snapper!

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Strange! The only photos we get to see of QC working in Australia are when he's on a boat having fun.:love:

That boss of your's isn't working you hard enough.8)

LadyFish

Admiral

Great pics QC, what a fantastic fishing boat too. Super catch for a days worth of fishing, I'd say.

I never seen a snapper with lips like that before. Pretty colors.

Drowned Rat

Captain

Very nice! Hard to come back after that trip I'll bet.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Anybody else notice something missing on that boat? This is a charter boat, and no bait tank . . . They don't really use them. We fished with chunks of octopus, two leaders and a 24 ounce sinker, on the bottom as deep as 300 feet. They fish a little on top with jigs and stuff, but primarily they bottom fish for these big Dhufish, I think they're basically grouper.