goodbye mariner

alana

Seaman
well i`ts goobye to my mariner 4stroke and hello to an evinrude 2stroke di. why? well mantenance is just to costly

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: goodbye mariner

Good luck with the Evinrude. Keep us posted on how the engine performs and any issues you might have -- good, bad, indifferent.

gss036

Commander

What horsepower are you talking about replacing? New engine, what horsepower?

alana

Seaman

mariner 115hp 4sroke efi. to an brand new evinrude 115hp 2stroke e.tec d.i. 8200 british pounds i dont know what that is in dollars. my wife is giving me a hard time over this, but a man needs to fish

gss036

Commander

That is expensive compared to U.S. prices, converts to $15651.75 (U.S.) on todays exchange rate.
I have heard good things about the E-Tec.

OptsyEagle

Lieutenant

Well I have to ask. What was the cost or maintenance issues with the 4 stroke?

alana

Seaman

all the above . plus the need to pull off the head because the valves on the bottom cylinder needed reseating after 3years. i was told that they would need doing again in 3 to 4years as the salt water eats away at the seats. i take the head off myself so no labour charges but the gasket/parts prices are something to see and cry over. the oil cost will be the same ,i just w`ont have to jack up the boat on the beach to drain and refill the sump and then dispose of the old oil and filter. i think it was on this web site that someone said 4strokes are good but wait for the maintenance costs