Stator fix??

Tuck_72

Cadet
Stator ( 2 wire ) for a inline 6 merc 150 hp distributor motor reads 0.00 ohms.....Should read .5 ?? Yes?? can it be fixed by a very patient person?? Wires were crispy and broke off about a half inch out of the molding...Followed the wire reattach trick but it reads 0 ohms...What can be done. How and what do each wire attach to inside it??

Laddies

Banned
Re: Stator fix??

They attach to windings they could be repaired by Rapiar Electronics but simplist anwser is a new one

Tuck_72

Cadet

True @ the cost of $285.00 in which I don't want to pay, but..................:'(My dad told me he ran it with the stator bad for years, but if you run the main headlights, it would run battery down quicker but lt lasted through a night of fishing....So, what should the ohms be? Is .5 correct? Thanks

Laddies

Banned

As long as you have any reading thru that stator and none to ground it will work all it does is charge the battery, the problem is most OEM stators were potted making tyhem impossable for the average person to repair, that stator is the same on 80,85,115,140 and 150HP 1972 to 1977 I beleive so there are a lot of donor engines out the with stators on them