The U.S. Postal Service has got to be kidding

woodrat

Ensign
Re: The U.S. Postal Service has got to be kidding

Oh and about the Japanese thing? here, I'll give you what you are looking for. The stated purpose was to keep all those of Japanese descent under lock and key because we as a country were afraid that they were more loyal to japan than the US. All of us who are adults know that this is the official reasoning behind that mess.

The results of this action were all over the board and included hate crimes and the loss of property of many loyal Americans. Not to mention that it left a permanent stain on the reputation of the US as being the land of the free and a harmonuous melting pot of different cultures.

You say it worked? Where's your proof? Was there some treasonous plot that you know of that the internment camps prevented? Or are you just spouting off what you want to believe as if it were a historical fact? Maybe there would have been no treasonous plots carried out even without the camps? Certainly plenty of young Japanese-American men went off to serve the very nation that was holding their families prisoner and stealing their lawful property.

Now it's your turn to tell me what is different about your willingness to have innocents killed as collective punishment and OBL's willingness to do the same. Or will you take the liberal "dodge, weave and change the subject" tactic?

crunch

Commander

woodrat said:
I'm sorry Custombycrunch, you are correct, you didn't actually say the "whole Middle East" although you did refer to quite a bit of it by name.

"We know where the money comes from, countries like Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia, etc..... and right here at home from some resident alien Moslems.

We need to get serious about this "war on terror" and deport the non-citizen Moslems, take the source of the wealth from counties that support terrorists, and bomb counties like Syria back to the stone age they live in... sounds harsh, but sometimes you have to throw the baby out with the bath water... I know, innocent’s will be killed...."

Oh, this is a good one!

"or could it be that it's that old tactic of the liberal crowd that when pressed into a corner they dodge, weave, and change the subject?.... ignore the question and take off in their own direction?"

Of course, you are dodging the basic premise of what I am saying. (does that make you a "liberal"?)You, like the terrorists, are willing to deliberately wipe out innocent life to get back at your enemies. Bombing a whole country-even if it is not the whole region-back to the stone age is not just a matter of incurring a little collateral damage in the due course of war, but instead is punishing a whole population for the sins of a few. Like I said, OBL would be proud.

I can read just fine, and what I see is radicalism and extremism and hatred for a whole portion of humanity based on the actions of a few, including the willingness to knowing and deliberately call for the destruction of whole populations, including innocents and children. The main differences I see between that and suicide bombings and hijackings is that of scale-your idea is much larger- and that you want these deeds to be done by someone else and you are not willing to throw your own life away to get it done.

soapbox.gif
yikes.gif
sheepholy.gif
jawdropper.gif

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

12, what in the world are you talking about?

crunch

Commander

Now it's your turn to tell me what is different about your willingness to have innocents killed as collective punishment and OBL's willingness to do the same. Or will you take the liberal "dodge, weave and change the subject" tactic?

Show me where I ever said I was "willing to have innocents killed as collective punishment"... go ahead, show me. You'll have a hard time as I NEVER SAID THAT!!!

Don't put words in my mouth, don't misinterpret what I say to fit your own agenda.

woodrat

Ensign

custombycrunch said:

Show me where I ever said I was "willing to have innocents killed as collective punishment"... go ahead, show me. You'll have a hard time as I NEVER SAID THAT!!!

Don't put words in my mouth, don't misinterpret what I say to fit your own agenda.

I've shown you over and over again. Here's your own words, again:

"bomb counties like Syria back to the stone age they live in... sounds harsh, but sometimes you have to throw the baby out with the bath water... I know, innocent’s will be killed...."

You did say that, and firestar said "total loss of life in offending countries", another advocate of collective punishment.

However, if you wish to take the Bill Clinton dodge and weave tactic, no, you didn't say the exact words "have innocents killed as collective punishment" but what you (and firestar) did say essentially means the same thing.

Somebody earlier up on the page sure had it right, a stupid thread, just like it was last year when someone dragged out the already old news back then that the post office didn't share their hatred of muslims.

I know I feel silly for having gotten sucked into this nonsense yet again!

Pony

Rear Admiral

sounds harsh, but sometimes you have to throw the baby out with the bath water... I know, innocent’s will be killed....

Looks to me like you said it right there crusty...........but oh wait nevermind..........I can't read. How silly of me how could I have possibly misinterpreted those words of yours. Still can't figure out how I got into college with these smarts of mine.....................

FWIW, I have a c note in my pocket that says I scored better on my ACT's than you..........if you ever took them. So I guess what I am saying is I can read, and you just can't remeber what you say.

Haut said it right, the Japanese camps did exactly what they were designed to do if you werent a Japanese American, and it was a HUGE mistake on our part. We destroyed innocent lives.

crunch

Commander

Pony said:
sounds harsh, but sometimes you have to throw the baby out with the bath water... I know, innocent’s will be killed....

Looks to me like you said it right there crusty...........but oh wait nevermind..........I can't read. How silly of me how could I have possibly misinterpreted those words of yours. Still can't figure out how I got into college with these smarts of mine.....................

FWIW, I have a c note in my pocket that says I scored better on my ACT's than you..........if you ever took them. So I guess what I am saying is I can read, and you just can't remeber what you say.

Haut said it right, the Japanese camps did exactly what they were designed to do if you werent a Japanese American, and it was a HUGE mistake on our part. We destroyed innocent lives.

Just curious.... who's crusty?

Pony

Rear Admiral

If you must know I suffer from some Dyslexia, if you havent noticed I have called you that before....its what happens when I look at your sn too fast. I do it all the time. That being said, it doesnt change that you did in fact say what you claimed to have not said. Doesnt mean I can't read, as I take my time when it comes to important stuff...................stuff that doesnt include online screen names.

But if thats all ya got my friend, you are now dodging the questions..............oh and FWIW, I am not a liberal.

crunch

Commander

Well pony, I'll just assume you were addressing me.

Innocent people are being killed everyday in this war on terror, our service men riding around in Humvees with targets on their backs, victims of car bombs, bike bombs, truck bombs, roadside bombs, suicide bombers, and the occasional innocent that was in the wrong place at the wrong time... so your solution would be to let it go on, and on, and on, forever?.... go home and wait for them to slip a nuke into down town NY?... or get it over with now, in a hurry.... what's your solution?

Tough for the Japanese yes, but they got over it and prospered.... but then, I never said anything about doing the camps again... did I.

Keep your C note, I got lots of my own.... because I don't golf anymore
lmao.gif

Pony

Rear Admiral

So haut says

So, if you are not a citizen, and you are a Moslem,
you should be deported?
Do I have that correct?
If I do well, then.....
JACKPOT!

and you say

No jackpot to it..... think back to WWII. And if you don't think this is a World war

to which the camps are mentioned, then you answer:

Bingo.... what was the purpose of The Japanese internment camp?

Maybe you didnt actually say it word for word, but in my mind you certainly implied it to a certain degree.

IMHO you can't juxtapose the death of a soldier and the death of miliions of citizens due to nuking the daylights out of them. A soldier knows what he signed up for, knows that being killed is a possibility. He chose to be there, he takes the risk. The millions of people who would be killed if you make the middle east "glow" didnt make that choice. I'm not saying the car bombs etc are okay Im not saying that the deaths of our troops is warrented nor am I saying its not sag and wrong.......because it is. Its just your analogy is apples to oranges.

I dont know what I would like see done, I just know nuking them off the face of the earth isnt the answer. Realistically I still am not sure we shouldve done anything without backing from more countries, but thats a different topic. So is the fact I think the whole issue shouldve been taken care of 15yrs ago.

crunch

Commander

If you must know I suffer from some Dyslexia, if you havent noticed I have called you that before....its what happens when I look at your sn too fast. I do it all the time. That being said, it doesnt change that you did in fact say what you claimed to have not said. Doesnt mean I can't read, as I take my time when it comes to important stuff...................stuff that doesnt include online screen names.

Sorry to hear that... my bigest problem is my fingers can't keep up with my thoughts, so I end up combineing words.... I just run it through a spell checker and edit carefully.

Still can't figure out how I got into college with these smarts of mine.....................

FWIW, I have a c note in my pocket that says I scored better on my ACT's than you..........if you ever took them.

I was going to let that go, but it's one of my pet peeves.

I didn't go to college because we couldn't afford it, not because I couldn't get in. I remember having to take an IQ test my senior year.... a 3 hour test. I had other things I wanted to do so I blew through it in 45 min..... and scored 138.

When I took the test for my contractors license I scored the highest the company had seen in 3 years of giving the tests... and that 4 hr test took me 1.

I'm also a licensed Manufactured dwelling installer and this winter I plan to take the required courses at the community college for my Home inspection license.

What do you do for a living?

Pony

Rear Admiral

I normally use the spell checker, but the one here messes up more than it fixes.

I didnt mean to get personal with the ACT remark. It was just a reaction to your implication that I couldnt read. I always get that way when my intelligence feels insulted and the I go and do it back which was wrong. I meant no harm.

I am a Inventory Supervisor and the Functionality Technition at a Best Buy store. That is what I do to get myself through school. I am a Senior at UWM and my major is Architecture and Urban planning. I already have Minors in Art History and Mediterranean Studies. My ACT score was a 32, which means that 99% of the people who took the test scored lower. The national Average is a 20.6. 36 is the highest. I tested out of English and had college credit in Calculus and Advanced Biology before entering. So what I do for a living means nothing essentially. I was fortunate enough to go to a good high school and have parents who sacrificed a lot, as we dont have much either. I worked 3rd shift for a few years at the begining of college. We almost lost our house last year as my mom got released from her job after 21 years and my dad was on medical disability because he was getting radiation treatment for cancer.

crunch

Commander

So, all I said was to deport them, right? I used the comment about WWII as an example of steps taken in the past.... you guys blew it all out of proportion.

I dont know what I would like see done, I just know nuking them off the face of the earth isnt the answer.

No, but knocking out the infrastructure is, and so is taking the source of the wealth they use to spread the terror. If they continued to export and support terrorist I imagine a small nuke detonated at 15,000 ft above their capital might make them see the light (pun intended), or you come up with a better answer besides "I don't know" if you don’t like mine.

crunch

Commander

Pony said:
I normally use the spell checker, but the one here messes up more than it fixes.

I didnt mean to get personal with the ACT remark. It was just a reaction to your implication that I couldnt read. I always get that way when my intelligence feels insulted and the I go and do it back which was wrong. I meant no harm.

I am a Inventory Supervisor and the Functionality Technition at a Best Buy store. That is what I do to get myself through school. I am a Senior at UWM and my major is Architecture and Urban planning. I already have Minors in Art History and Mediterranean Studies. My ACT score was a 32, which means that 99% of the people who took the test scored lower. The national Average is a 20.6. 36 is the highest. I tested out of English and had college credit in Calculus and Advanced Biology before entering. So what I do for a living means nothing essentially. I was fortunate enough to go to a good high school and have parents who sacrificed a lot, as we dont have much either. I worked 3rd shift for a few years at the begining of college. We almost lost our house last year as my mom got released from her job after 21 years and my dad was on medical disability because he was getting radiation treatment for cancer.

Ouch !!!... how old are you Pony?.... I'm 53

woodrat

Ensign

custombycrunch: "...or get it over with now, in a hurry.... what's your solution?"

What exactly are you talking about? Nukes again? That's the only thing I can think of that would be quick, and of course, it wouldn't even begin to "get it over with". It would the beginning of the end.

Seriously, I can't even believe that people really think that nuking a whole country in a situation like this is a realistic "solution" to anything, no matter how much college they had or didn't have (two year associate's degree, 4.0 GPA, had to quit and go back to work when my wife got pregnant).

The mess we are now in is exactly why a whole lot of people out there were against getting started in the first place in Iraq, at least more or less uni-laterally like we've done. We are in up to our chins, treading water, while the death toll on all sides slowly climbs and then people at home start talking about how we should just nuke the whole place to "get it over with" and start comparing innocent civilians who are just in the way with soldiers in an all-volunteer army, the most powerful on earth.

There were many sane voices warning against this possibility all the way up to the first cruise missle and they were routinely branded as wimps, cowards, traitors and worse. Now almost all the things that those people were warning about possibly coming to pass have come to pass, and we aren't one inch closer to an american-style "democracy" in Iraq or anywhere else.

I'd be surprised if any of the pro-war folks on this forum can provide a realistic definition of what victory in Iraq might look like, let alone a realistic definition of victory that might be acheived within five years and that does not involve nuking the place back to the stone age. ( hint: "killing all the terrorists" doesn't count. Even Rumsfeld allowed as how we probably weren't killing them as fast as they are being recruited.. )

Don't feel bad, neither can the architects of this mess. They were predicting rose petals at our feet.

woodrat

Ensign

"and so is taking the source of the wealth they use to spread the terror"

See my previous comments on gasoline... we are financing both sides of this mess.

woodrat

Ensign

"If they continued to export and support terrorist I imagine a small nuke detonated at 15,000 ft above their capital might make them see the light"

Do you really think that nuking a capital city in the middle east would be the end of our troubles with that region? That it would stop terrorism? Really?

!?

Pony

Rear Admiral

I don't like to let it be know on here, because then my arguments carry very little weight, and my opinions don't get respected. Which is okay I suppose since in all reality I know I have a ton to learn. I am almost 22 yrs old. Ridiculous huh.

I have no idea what we should do because I have no idea what would constitute as a victory or as an ends to the terrorist threat. We could never realisticaly stop that threat.