Rough idea of top end @ WOT on config.??

I was wondering if someone could give me an idea of what top speed (approx.) I should expect on the following config:

40 HP (1964) Rude Lark VI
15 Foot Tri-Hull Lone Star Triton (1964) Cruiser
S/S prop. 12 pitch
Avg. load is about 300#'s
Boat weight is about 700# w/motor

Boat planes quickly.... Speed seems adequate, but since I have never had a boat before dont really know...at WOT only a few boats seems to pass at thier WOT...guessing speed at about 27-30 MPH

Thx

Sam

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Rough idea of top end @ WOT on config.??

Speed sounds about as you are guessing. Unless you have a tach and either GPS or a speedometer, there is no way to know if the setup is allowing maximum speed.

Re: Rough idea of top end @ WOT on config.??

Working on a tach., and maybe a speedo... Bought the boat in July and have restored quite a bit already. Carb., put in fuel guage.windshield,new interior.prop. Painting is next, after that all the fine tuning...for best performance level.

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT. If I had not found this forum, I would not have bought a boat...my last experinece was in 1985 when I was in Law School and back then you were on your own, and with no money really...my 500.00 investment was ultimately sold for 150.00..but I am back...and being a DIY 'er with all of your help...I am back to stay

:love:

Sam