evinrude fold up in case

1 fold up guy

Recruit
:% Well I will try this again. I was fold up guy, can't find my original post, so now I am 1 fold up guy, (whew).
--(If the powers that rule this site want to delete my original user ID, I agree).
--Is there a way I can see the replies for my old user name?

--I also apologize for not fully knowing what I am doing and causing this hassel.

The last time I could find my post I remember someone asking me for info, now I have all I could find:
--Evinrude Motors Milw. WI.
--3802M-E03007 (This number is located by facing the motor, it is on the right side, on the transom mount).

--There is a # 3 on the front of the motor cover.

Thank you for your time, AND patience concerning my computer wizardery.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: evinrude fold up in case

That's a 1968 3hp engine, Folder.

Anything else you need to know?

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Welcome!! Again!!

I been looking for one of those. Send it on over. I'll pay the freight.

1 fold up guy

Recruit

»Hi;

I just inherited a evinrude motor, (3 hp, I think). Believe it or not it was folded up in a fiberglass or plastic case. Unreal huh?! Yep the lower unit folds over so it will go into the case.

1.Can anyone tell me anything about this motor, OR, where I can go to read about it?

2. Would anyone have a guesstimate on its worth? (My neighbor said around $50.00, BUT its hard for me to believe that. It started right up in my water filled trash can (3rd pull) and is very nice and clean baring a few scratches).

3. Also, is it normal for gas and oil in the trash can floating on top of the water?
If not, how do I fix it?

4. Should alot of water be coming out from the back?
It don't look like much on this one.
Is there something I can test to make sure the water pump is ok?

eMail if you need it: ricker101@yahoo.com

Well thanks for your time concerning all this, and happy motoring to all..

rick

rickdb1boat & JB = Thank you for your time took for helping. It is appreciated.

Dhadley = Thanks for the offer but I am going to keep it, unless it is worth a lot and I can’t afford not to sell.d:) It’s really all I have from my uncle materially, memories = priceless.

1 fold up guy

Recruit

Oh, by the way, above is a copy of my original post, (thanks to rickdb1boat)

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

From what I understand they're worth a lot more than 50.00 especially if the case is with it. Without the case they're worth a lot less. I'm sure that someone over at the Antique Outboard Motor Club (www.aomci.org) could tell you a lot more about it.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Seen them go for $300-$700 on ebay, depending on condition of the motor and case.