Would you let your kids do this?

eeboater

Commander
0,1020,668017,00.jpg

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Would you let your kids do this?

It is amazing the amount of hate involved in that whole area.

Ken

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

If my family was in torment of attack at any given time,,,,,,,,YES! and I can understand the hate.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

No. I would not let my kids do that. War is not something to celebrate or take comfort in.
War is a sad but sometimes necessary evil. That's what I teach my kids.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Hate means no chance of peace.

It is difficult to understand the hate when you look at why the fighting began in the first place.

Ken

treedancer

Commander

Them look like 155 projectiles to me, most likely bore clearance adjusters. No I wouldn’t let my children get near them. Myself I did the same thing, in addition to setting the projectiles for action.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Frogger is right (so is Techno). Children should remain innocent as long as possible, but they should also be taught that there is evil in the world and sometimes there are very drastic measures that adults must take to fight it.

oddjob

Commander

Theres nothing wrong with teaching your kids to flip evil off at every stop. No tolerance for evil. Those kids are learning about survival in there backyards..survival.....its about additute, not hate.

Hate would imply that it is personal. Survival is not personal...its a right for one to fight.

Believing that it is your destiny to wipe out a race is personal....and that IS hate.

eeboater

Commander

I think it is also important that in some cases you cannot achieve peace without war.

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

Nope.

War is a neccessary evil.
What do you think the Mommys and Daddys tell these kids?

Hey Cindy dear, write down something cute on that shell. It may be the one that falls on some little girl just like you who's only guilt was being in the wrong place at the wrong time through no choice of her own.

SoulWinner

Commander

Sure I would. I'd be out there with them! These folks live in a different world. They don't enjoy the peace, security and freedom we do. It is irresponsible at best for an American to sit in his or her safe and comfy home and cast dispersions on these kids and/or their parents for what is portrayed in the picture. They live under threat of violence and terrorism every day. So they have had it with the terrorist thugs in Lebanon; let them defend themselves as they see fit. And they would be FOOLISH to neglect to teach their children about the "love" arabs feel toward them. If they want their children to be a pack of spineless, lily livered sissies who can't defend themselves, they can always send them to UC Berkly.

sloopy

Commander

In that situation yes I would.

why do you say latex?

LFK

Petty Officer 1st Class

No, I wouldn't let my kids do that. I would go off and fight so that my kids wouldn't need to. Besides, war is for adults IMO.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

People do all kinds of things to cope with war...........writing on bombs is one I guess. If it would help "My" kids I would let them......not sure how it helps though.........sad really. But who can blame them for their feelings. I thank God everyday for the country I live in so my kids dont have know what war and death really are......though the way things seem to be going that may not be in their future.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

First casualty in War is innocence (not truth as is sometimes misquoted!). Kids have to learn the hard way that things aren't bugglegum pink in this world but I wish they didn't have to.
Guess we can't appreciate the situation, I certainly can't. Even during the hard times we had with the IRA I'm not sure I would have let my kids do that if we'd tried to shell the Irish (it would never have happend though!).

As far as the comments about the innocent kids the shells land on, I watched an Israeli senior officer being interviewed about why civillians were being targetted and he strenuously denied this (his job to I guess!) but he did go on to point out that the Israelis are flying over the area targetted first and dropping leaflets telling the population what time they intend to attack and advising them to leave the area. They are using local radio frequencies to broadcast warnings too and loudspeakers from helo's. As he said "we're the only army in the World that does this in a bid to avoid civillian casualties". Guess the problem is that the parents don't move out with the kids and the ordanance can't tell the difference between combatants and civillians.

Just my tuppence worth in what is a very sad situation: can't help but feel sorrow that "civilisation isn't terribly civilised yet"...........................................

stan_deezy said:
First casualty in War is innocence ... Just my tuppence worth in what is a very sad situation: can't help but feel sorrow that "civilisation isn't terribly civilised yet"...........................................
Humans are always human, but often inhumane.

QC

Supreme Mariner

A follow-on to Stan's comments. Hezbollah launches their attacks from civilian neighborhoods precisely to force Israel to attack them there. Not to hide or keep themselves safe, but to cause Israel to look bad in the eyes of those who can't see the truth. Hezbollah wants Lebanese civilians killed. In their sick minds this is acceptable.