Starcraft Holiday 18 question

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Starcraft Holiday 18 question

You know Im not really sure what the prop type is -By the way double check the bottom at the stern just below the plug.You notice about a inch or so of water lays there even with the plug out? Its the first place the aluinum will eat thru.<br /> By the way back your trailer in with the water 2/3 up the tires and try that.

KilroyJC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Reddog - <br /><br />I've seen the water laying in there - a previous owner had done some sort of medium-speed fiberglassing in that area, which had pretty much separated from the aluminum...I had a drip until I dug it all out, then the drip went away - go figger...<br /><br />I "love" that little puddle - it's a great place to raise mosquitos, and if a couple of leaves get in there, after a few days the aroma is just indescribable!<br /><br />Have you found any suitable solution to this puddle problem? I primarily trailer my boat, except when I go on vacation - then it's in fresh water for 2 weeks. It might spend a weekend or three in saltwater over the season, but mostly it's in-and-out the same day.<br /><br />While I have my transomwell out, http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=26;t=003757 <br />I will reposition the bilge pump on a plate that sits it right on the bottom, not on a reinforcing rib. This way I can pump out all but the last 1/4".<br /><br />I'll have to wait until next year to try going shallower with the trailer, but it does seem to make sense: get more of the boat on rollers sooner, rather than worry about having it further forward on the trailer. That's what that crank is for, right?<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Matt M

reddog349

Petty Officer 1st Class

Kilroy you gotta send me a pic of your boat. I tried the link above with no luck .<br />I know what you mean about the smell from that little puddle. I had a crab get away from me and find that puddle - what a smell.

KilroyJC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Reddog - <br /><br />Try clicking on the little icon-thingy to the left of the <edit post> button above - sometimes that may work better. If that doesn't bring you to my site, send me your e-mail address (and your boat pix) to kilroyjc@verizon.net & I'll get some pix out to you.<br /><br />Talk to you later,<br />Matt M