Evinrude 150 prop

jebb

Cadet
I have an aluminum prop on my 2002 150hp Evin Ficht and would like to change to a stainless. Would the pitch and diameter remain the same?

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: Evinrude 150 prop

If its set up properly now, probably. If its not, probably not.<br /><br />We gotta know more about how its running now. And the set up.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Hey Roger, there is a prop forum just for questions like this. Might do better posted there. Just an FYI. <br />Welcome to iboats<br /><br />Dave

jebb

Cadet

Thanks Dave and dhadley. Boat is performing fine and seems to reach approppriate RPMs and speed, however I was told that I could expect improved performance with a stainless prop. I'll look for the prop forum. Thanks for the FYI.

mikeyzx2

Chief Petty Officer

Stainless won't flex like aluminum, that's where the SS props have an advantage....

moderator1

Lieutenant Commander

I think we need to head to the prop forum with this one...

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

The improved performance comes largely due to the fact that a ss prop will (most times) run at a higher X dimension than an aluminum one. Raising the motor to find the optimum height (X dimension)for any given prop on a specific rig results in less drag and therefore better efficiency. From holeshot to wot.<br /><br />It's all in the set up.....