Torque-Shift propellers???

stevens

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Torque-Shift propellers???

These props were discussed a bit a few years ago, and several people (including Bondo) are huge fans. Here are a few threads: <br /><br /> thread 1 thread 2 thread 3 <br /><br />A few Bondo quotes on the topic:<br />
"Yep, I've got 1..... I'll Never go boating without it again....."<br /><br />"OR, If you want the Absolute Best Prop in the World...........<br />Use the "Search" button,+ look up "Torque-Shift Prop"......<br />I've got 1, And have posted Lots of Info on them.... "<br />
Apparently the supplier is having some manufacturing problems and is not able to deliver this year. However, they do show up on eBay from time to time, where they fetch quite high prices ($200-300). Here's one: link . There you can also find the Quicksilver Power 2 prop, which is similar and which goes for even higher prices. Here's one of those: link

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

I've seen 2 come apart on 2 different boats / motors. On one the guy was in front of me and to the side. If I had been closer the blade might have hit me or the boat. Personally I dont want to be anywhere near one again.

gatorred

Petty Officer 1st Class

I ask the company send me a catalog but my boat has enough power to over power a four blade ss prop at speed mine has extreme tork my frends turn white and takes breath away my health was chest pain my lungs had scare on them so I slowed my boat down, would cure the problem, i saw the video on torkshift it was impressive and my be new idea that needs time to profect it, like nascar tires people died well the inliner was profected, that saved lifes,safer walls to <br /><br />the prop works on thories that are profected like progive pitch, shifting blades are nice but thing's move they could break too

walleyehed

Admiral

gatorred, have ya ever run a Lightning TXP????<br />It WILL find just how much torque your engine has, and Turbo found out how to put that torque to the water...Incredible prop.<br />As for the shift-type props, I've only been around 1, and it "seemed" to work ok for about 2 years-this was on a buddy's sterndrive-and then he started having some vibration issues and we determined it to be worn parts. It's actually be around for quite some time, and I haven't heard much else about it..

QC

Supreme Mariner

I had one, but my boat didn't need it. I got around $500 bones for it on ebay. They show up there fairly often.

gatorred

Petty Officer 1st Class

no but I running what says it a shooter but I could still over power it and alum's to I find out what it is and would try it to, after winter over

stevens

No offense, Gatorred, but I am having some problems understanding your grammar. But, you won't regret it if you have a chance to try some props recommended by Walleyehed here.<br /><br />Why don't you start a new thread and tell us what kind of boat & engine & prop & performance you currently have? Then I am sure Walleyehed or Dhadley or someone will help you find the optimal prop for your set-up.

Bondo

Staff member

Originally posted by Stevens:<br /> No offense, Gatorred, but I am having some problems understanding your grammar. But, you won't regret it if you have a chance to try some props recommended by Walleyehed here.<br /><br />Why don't you start a new thread and tell us what kind of boat & engine & prop & performance you currently have? Then I am sure Walleyehed or Dhadley or someone will help you find the optimal prop for your set-up.
Ayuh,.......... Gotta Agree..............<br /><br />BTW,........ Thanks for digging up My quotes,......That'll save Alot of 1 finger Typing,........ :D

stevens

That'll save Alot of 1 finger Typing,........ <br />
Well, Bondo, at least you usually don't waste many words in getting to the point. :D <br /><br />You've had that prop for several years now. Are you still happy with it?

gatorred

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a ranger 361v 17 foot long, cmc jackplate<br />an evenrude 150 xp, that has new powerhead two years ago and lowerunit fixed sametime, then the guy deid on way home after having it repaired, I was his only living relative,the people who fixed it had mantained the boat, they helped me alot I had boats in canada and I knew what i got was a real nice boat, 4 blade 25 shooter and 21 3 blade vortex as spare, the motor runs 5500 to 54 or 55 I try not to run it hard I only have 30 five gallon pales of gas this year, run 89 plus with cen-pe-co gas o clensor, it keeps the canada gas treated plus 1/2 pint of oil to 20 letters plus run oil injection I have seen several omc oil injection fail and want to make sure mine don't blowup

walleyehed

Admiral

gatorred, that engine "really" likes 5700-5800RPM.<br />The shooter is an older OMC design, over-thru hub exhaust. At cruise speeds for economy, you could do much, much better with a different prop.<br />The shooter isn't really much of a high-tec design, and it's days are gone by.

Bondo

Staff member

You've had that prop for several years now. Are you still happy with it?
Ayuh,........... Happy as Can Be...........<br /><br />Alittle Saddened by the withdrawal of Support from L&S though..........<br /><br />I've got 2 Spares,+ a few Parts,........<br />I keep watching ebay,+ posting here,.......When the Coin$ from the couch add up to Enough,.............<br />I'll be Buying More Parts,+ Pieces, for More Spares................ ;) <br /><br />Ayuh,............. I Love My Torque-Shift Prop............... :D