opinions needed please!

neptune202

Cadet
I am looking for opinions on the following- I am trying to decide between a new 2002 Pro Line 22 Walk w/200 hp Mercury O/B or new 22 Walk Wellcraft w/ 175 Johnson. Each boat is priced and trailer about the same.

fishthebay

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: opinions needed please!

I have a 1973 Proline. Does that tell you something? Its almost 30 years old and is still floating strong.

bigbluebirdy

Seaman

I have a 1990 Wellcraft Sport 20 footer. Very well-made boat. Everything on it still works, and is in great shape. I have never seen a Proline in person, so I can't make a fair call here, but my experience with Wellcraft has been great - I would buy another one. I hear others say the same thing. Obviously if you want a faster boat, then take the Proline with the 200hp Merc. Personally, I'd like the Wellcraft with the 200 Merc!!!<br /><br />Good luck. I'm sure you'll be happy with either boat. Look closely at the details of each layout and options that come with each. ;) <br /><br />Chris

neptune202

Cadet

Thanks for your replys, more are welcome. I suspect most boats today are well made (hull integrity etc.). I currently own a '94 Sunbird Neptune 202 w/a 6cyl gearcase V4 Evinrude 140, which except for the VRO whistle has been a jewel. I am just ready for a little larger and newer boat. I can only buy one so your opinions are helpful. I am also adding the Lenco trolling/tabs to whatever I purchase. Any feedback on the trollers from Lenco?

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

Remarkably similar designs. So test drive both and let that decide it. Would expect 200hp to run stronger than 175hp of course!<br /><br />Also try at www.boatus.com and www.thehulltruth.com<br /><br />Please keep us posted,<br />Kelly Cook