dad needs a shower

FSHKPR

Ensign
okay heres the setup. last year i bought 2-1/2 acres with a mobile home on it. i asked my dad and mom if they would like to park thier 30 foot camper on it. well he liked that idea i gave him a chunk of land in the back corner. has his own access plenty of privacy. a good set up for him. he had his own electricity put in and can use my septic. the problem we have is how to get him water. it is roughly 300 feet up hill from my well to his trailer. i would like to get him running water but with out worrying about any pressure drops in my service such as when i am showering ect. would it be best to set up a separate pressure tank off my well with its own pump to his trailer. we could drill a separate well back there but i think thats more money than he wants to spend. any other ideas would be greatly appreciated<br />thanks

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: dad needs a shower

If you have a really good well and your pump is above ground, then the two pump system would be the best way to go. IMHO!

FSHKPR

Ensign

right now i have a pump in a 6 foot deep pit that is covered. what i was thinking is to put a t in the line that feeds the pressure tank i have now and then feed his tank too. then a pump after each tank one feeding my cottage and the other his travel trailer.

heycods

Captain

I would think you need a check valve behind each pressure tank. I think you will still get a pressure drop when you both have the water on, unless you have a large pump. The large pump creates another problem with pump surge. You need somepne smarter than me. Hes here somewhere, I have read his post in the past, KB knows who im talking about maby he was in the other thread also.<br /><br /> Man that avatar makes me sad. sorry again for your loss.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Piece of cake FSHKPR. Run a line up the hill, install (in this order) a spring check valve,(just after your tie-in with the lower system) a suitable 115 v jet pump with pressure switch, another spring check valve and at least a 60 gallon bladder style pressure tank.<br /><br />No issues with the system below it. When your new pump runs it will just require the pump below it to supply the demand from the pump above.(make sure it is of lower gpm capability than the primary pump) Once the demand is satisfied, everything shuts down and the check valves hold the pressure.

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

I would just put in an extra large pressure tank I have a 60 gallon one, they make larger ones. Then simply run a line up the hill to dads place.<br /><br />You can just add another tank, you dont have to replace the current one you have unless you want to.<br /><br />This will make your own pump last much longer and you will have a good constant flow in your own house when dad is not there.<br /><br />A friend did this as well, he just runs his mother in laws apartment with this setup.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by tomatolord:<br /> I would just put in an extra large pressure tank I have a 60 gallon one, they make larger ones.
Biggest he'll get, Tomatolord, without breaking the bank, is 86 gallons. The next size up is 119 gal and it costs over double the price of the 86 gallon one.<br /><br />If his primary system is set to operate between 40 and 60 psi, the 86 gallon tank (properly precharged to 38 psi) will deliver 22 gallons of water between pump on and pump off.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Do like the water companies do, set a tank upon the hill above his RV and keep it filled with your water. He will have plenty of pressure and when it gets low, your pump can fill it back up.<br /><br />Or just skip what I said and do whatBoomyal says.