KAWASAKI ENGINE, WHAT YEAR IS IT?

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer
Yeah, it's not a riddle. I know it's 2005. <br /><br />Here's what happened. I inherited a Kawasaki JetSki 750 engine to settle a bad loan but have no idea what year it is. There are lots of odd numbers on the block, probably casting numbers. What would a typical engine code number look like and is the manufacture year coded in the engine number? Any help would be appreciated. Ken

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: KAWASAKI ENGINE, WHAT YEAR IS IT?

good question I know the last 2 digits of a hull number is the year not sure if that applies to the engine though check with sbt they would know www.sbtontheweb.com

ozarkjeep

Petty Officer 2nd Class

if its green its likely 1996 or newer, if its grey its most liklet 92-95<br /><br />can you post a pic?<br /><br />if its a 750 it should say "0.743liters" or 743ML or smoething like that on one end of the cylinder.<br /><br />also the 650/750 engines look alot alike.

ozarkjeep

Petty Officer 2nd Class

that looks identical to the engine out of my 994 750ssxi ( 2 seater sitdown)<br /><br />it is grey with the green head.<br /><br />OR someone put a later model head on an early engine.<br /><br />the dual carbs were either later or an ssxi engine<br /><br />Id say if they are Keihn CDKII carbs its a 93-94 ssxi engine.<br /><br />if they are mikunis, then they have been swapped from a newer engine, probably the head as well.