Rectifier

manolis

Cadet
I have recently installed an electricity coil on my 8Hp tohatsu B13B and want to ask if a diode bridge is enough to charge my battery and how many Ampehres should it be. With the polymeter i measured 80vAC in half power.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: Rectifier

You need to contact a Tohatsu distributer for that information, but since you have choosen to use a non factory part they will probably not be able to help you.

manolis

Cadet

The fact is that I can not see any diference between the Tohatsu rectifier kit and a simple diode rectifier. Is there any? That was my question. The only diference I see is the price.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Any diode bridge (preferably full-wave) inserted across an AC line will be fine. I can't imagine the charging coil outputs more than 10 AMPS.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

The problem is heat dissipation...I don't want to get sucked into this one so that's as far as I can go with it. :)

manolis

Cadet

The diode bridge worked perfect. depending on the battery condition I take DC output around 12 volt even in max rpm.

realboats

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Manolis, can you tell me where you got the information to add charging capability to your motor? Do you charge deep cycle batteries?<br /><br />Thanks!

manolis

Cadet

I can not understand the term "deep cycle" (sorry) but as for the engine you only have to install an electricity coil and a small thing called rectifier. Both parts are sold here on i-boats. I personally did not install a genuine tohatsu rectifier. I dont know if I am allowed to tell how much I bought the diode bridge.<br />Mail me for any further questions.

realboats

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Manolis, sorry I haven't responded sooner but we've had a lot of flooding in the northeast u.s. and my network has been down.<br /><br />I don't know your email address. If you like, you can send it to me at WaywardDennis@aol.com<br /><br />Is your tohatsu a "bare bones" engine? By this I mean no electric start or alternator or anything like that. <br /><br />Thanks,<br />Denis