Tohatsu TLDI 90 tips

calimero

Recruit
I currently own a tohatsu TLDI 90, and I know that the ECU (Engine control unit) of the outboard is able to provide a lot of informations by the tachometer (like the number of hours, troubles, diags, etc...)<br />Does anyone know how to access these informations (I know that it is a combination of key pressing /lanyard removal , etc..).<br /><br />Thanks in advance

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral
Re: Tohatsu TLDI 90 tips

The codes and how to access them are found in the service manual, which is available from your dealer.

jshoes52

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I also own a 90 tldi. When I mentioned I was installing an hour meter prior to having the motor installed, my dealer told me I didn't need to. He gave me a chart with the sequence to read engine hours thru the tach. Turn key on and hold in for 5 seconds when you'll hear a couple beeps, tach needle jumps to 5k, then to a second number on the tach with different combinations of warning lites lit.. read the appropriate chart for engine hours (he photocopied it for me). For instance, my oil lite lites up and tach needle jumps to 6k, so I have 60 on my motor.

calimero

Recruit

thanks for the info... would it be possible for you to provide me a jpg of this chart ??<br />it will be really helpful .<br />Thank you in advance.

TOHATSU GURU

Admiral

Guys,<br /><br />Just a bit of friendly advice. Be real carefullllll. If you access the diagnostics section you will deprogram the CPU and your local dealer will be seeing you so that they can reprogram it for you. Since that would not be warranty you might end up with a bill you were not expecting. Having said that, just pulling up the hours will not hurt anything.

jshoes52

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Elvin, thanks for the heads-up. My dealer brought up this feature when we were discussing dashboard layout re: gauges on the boat I built. He volunteered the info saving me the installation of the additional hour meter.

ziemann

Chief Petty Officer

I highly recommend the service manual. It is loaded with great information and can be purchased very cheaply from your dealer. I own a 50 TLDI and refer to it regularly for maintenance items, etc.<br /><br />By the way- I have about 110 hours on my 50 TLDI- and couldn't be happier! :)