Help Clanton after trim pump rebuild no tilt up!

lmoore101

Seaman Apprentice
I got everything together now the tilt will not push up but it will pull down (it won't hold the motor up on it's own), it also appears that the trim doesn't do anything. I do hear the motor running for both up and down.What should I do??<br /><br />1988 Force 125.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Loran

JTC7579

Cadet
Re: Help Clanton after trim pump rebuild no tilt up!

Can you describe how you put the BB's and Springs back into the valve body when you put it back together?

clanton

Rear Admiral

If you think you have enough pressure, insure the shuttle valve is free to move back and forth. I working on one now that will only moved the trim cylinder, no tilt, had the thing apart 5 times, still scratching my gray hair.

lmoore101

Seaman Apprentice

I had the large spring and BB on in the wrong hole, switched it around and now it is working great, except I think I may have cross threaded one of the fittings, whoops. I will get some tefflon tape and see if I can patch it up.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Loran

JTC7579

Cadet

Glad to hear that you have repaired your valve body. The stripped threads can be a problem. There are some previous posts about how to deal with that though. Good Luck!