Bottom cylinder not firing

ra_wii

Recruit
Someone please help! I have a 1989 50 HP Force Motor (Model 507X9B) on a Bayliner Ski Boat. I took it to the shop and they said it was not firing due to a bad coil so they replaced it. Took it to the lake and the bottom cylinder still would not fire. Took it back to the shop and they said it was a bad coil they put in so they replaced the coil a second time. Took it to the lake, it cranked up fine and when I ran it down the lake at full throttle, it backed down like it was running out of gas. I was barely running at full throttle. Took it home, replaced the diaphram on the fuel pump, tore the carb apart and cleaned it. Took it back to the lake, same thing. Barely running at full throttle but sounded fine. Pulled the bottom plug wire while running and there was no change in the sound of the motor. So, the bottom cylinder is not firing. Is it the power pack or could it be something else electrical causing the bottom cylinder not to fire. I am getting frustrated!!!

The Marine Doctor

Commander
Re: Bottom cylinder not firing

Sounds like the repair shop was doing some guessing. Have them replace the power pack...then give it a go.<br /><br />TMD

ra_wii

Recruit

Do you happen to know what the price range is for a powerpack on the 50HP Force?

The Marine Doctor

Commander

The repair shop should be able to swap wires to see if the powerpack is indeed the problem...as for the price...I am from Canada...and our prices here will not help you very much. Though it would probebly be less once the exchange is factored in.<br /><br />TMD

The Marine Doctor

Commander

Loose wire connections...dirty wire connections...Poor output from the rectifier...It is man made.<br /><br />TMD