Bimini top height?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bimini top height?

I need some help choosing the right bimini top height. I have a 2002 190CS and most websites, including iboats, are saying that a 36" high bimini top would fit my boat. I saw a boat similar to mine last weekend, and their bimini top was so short they had to duck to go underneath it. I am 6'2" and was thinking that the 36" would be to short and I should try a 46" tall top. I measured 36" up from my bimini top mounts on the side windows and it seems like it would be tall enough? Any advice would be appreciated.

I ordered both a 46" and a 36" bimini. The 46" was too tall and looked ridiculous, the 36" was just right; however, I still have to duck a bit!. I mounted mine on the outside gunnels, rather than on top of the windshield? Where does yours mount? Measure up from floor to mount, then add ~36" (or ~46").

11/2015-Current 2003 Cobalt 220: 5.7GXi Volvo Penta DP

9/2013-1/30/2016 1996 Chris Craft Concept 18: 5.0FL Volvo Penta SX Outdrive 1.66-SOLD

8/2007-9/2012 1982 Baja BR184: 200 Mercury Blackmax
    -SOLD

"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Comment

Thanks for the info baja. I think I will get the 36" because my mounts are on the side windows. That should make it just the right height for me to walk under without ducking.

Comment

you for sure want to be able to walk it, whatever measures out for you .
        1979 Carver Montego 2357 | 260 Mercruiser upgraded to Alpha | 2006 Nissan 15hp kicker

Girls cry and boys fart in front of friends, but girls fart and boys cry in front of true friends.

Comment

Working...
        X