2009 195 LX 225 gxi...PROPPING????

daverbrycer

Recruit
I have a 21P alum prop that runs 5000+ rpm. Have looked to buy Power Tech SFS3 14.25 x 23P or Solas HR Titan 14 x 24P to bring down the rpm improve top end and better mid range cruising. Does anyone have experience in solving this issue. Also what experience with Apollo props...are they made in Asia? Love to hear from you.
Thanks
Dave

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 2009 195 LX 225 gxi...PROPPING????

Wish I could help you, but my similar boat is carbed and has a different outdrive ratio. I run a 23 pitch hi five and love it.

Get inside the Stingray forum and you will get a lot of tips from people with the same boat. Everyone there does seem to favor the merc props, though.

Those that do have solas props seem quite satisfied. 24 pitch, though, seem high, as you will lose rpm going to stainless, loose going to a higher pitch, and if that one is a four blade, will loose some there too. Seems to me that you just want to loose 200 rpms, as isn't 4800 - 5000 your desired WOT rpm range?

daverbrycer

Recruit
Re: 2009 195 LX 225 gxi...PROPPING????

I found the answer to my propping question. After talking to several "experts" I opted for a Power Tech SFS3 23P polished SS prop. I tried it and with a full tank, normal gear and myself it topped 63 on my dreamometer, not GPS, but certainly faster than my 21P aluminum prop. My WOT was 4800 rpm. And since I cruise mostly with one other person this I feel is OK. It's very disappointing that Stingray on their performance site does not disclose complete propeller discriptions. Just thought I would finish the story. Oh, if I travelled with more boat load I could have gone down to a 22P in the same prop.
Good boating all
Dave