My new ride

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
Not new to the Starmada but finally got some pictures of my new to me 1979 18SS. I bought it on a 0? day in Feb and finally got it on the water today. :joyous:

The 120 runs like a top. It was painted 5 or 6 years ago according to the PO and while there's some small flaws in it they did a good job and still looks great. I'm not sure when but the interior has been redone at some point and is in excellent shape. The B2B loungers were replaced with captains chairs on swivels which I like but miss the storage they would have offered.

I have some minor issues(gauges and trim) to fix but now that I've had it out I can't wait for my vacation at the lake here in about a month.

Last edited:

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Looks like new! So are you gonna tear it apart so we can follow a rebuild? :eek:

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
Looks like new! So are you gonna tear it apart so we can follow a rebuild? :eek:

LOL, nope, that's why I admitted defeat on the Aerocraft and jumped on it in the middle of winter when it popped up on CL.

I do still have the Jet that may get rebuilt though.

djpeters

Lieutenant Commander
Hey! Thats a nice looking boat. I like the cushions. That is exactly (i think) the way i was thinking of having mine done, with the ribbing. I'd really appreciate a couple more pics of the interior if its not too much trouble. Thanks.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
That SS is ready for the 4th of July with the Red, White and Blue paint job. She looks like a keeper, TDF. :thumb: Sure is an upgrade over the AeroCraft,. You know, the thread where you hid this away from us TinHeads. :nono: LOL

Welcome back! Have you made any more cigar box guitars?

hayko1971

Starmada Splash of the Year 2015
She's a beaut! You ought to enjoy it very much!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Um, wheres the tiller?

Nice looking SC, WLOD and all

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Your new ride looks to have been very well taken care of over the years :thumb:

dozerII

Admiral
Very nice looking SS18, hope you get lots of time to enjoy her out on the water over the summer.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Sweet boat! Congrats! +1 dj...more interior shots pleeeeezzzzzzz :hungry:

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks guys! Ya it's been killing me getting from Feb to warmer weather, then getting to have time to get it out. Now that I have I can't wait for vacation to get here hopefully I'll find time to get out at least once more before that though.

dj and classiccat - I'd run out and take some right now just for an excuse to vroom, lol but the light in the garage sucks for pictures. I will get some more interior and hopefully a good on the water profile pic next time out to the lake.

GA - I only hid it there since I didn't have any good pics and was in the process of ending that boating chapter. I have made more guitars and even a ukulele. Think I've made some kind of a video on each one - Check em out if you stand my playing

JB - It's got one a them round tiller handles, you'll have to wait for the interior picks to see it.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
Gorgeous day out today so what else is a guy to do but go boating. :)

As promised some interior pics

Bow, The short middle cushion is hinged and swings up towards the bow. The side cushions are fixed and the under storage is accessed through openings in the sides of the bases.

Helm/midship, The wide captains chairs are nice but make for a squeeze to get past, simply turning them makes for a nice walk way though.

Aft, The motor cover hinges up from the gray partition and the jump seats are built like little stand alone chairs. Each has its own three sided base that slides down in behind the partition and goes around either the fuel tank or battery depending on the side.

The gray carpet runs the full length but since the PO's main/only use was fishing he cut the brown carpet for the front for protection. It's just laying in there and can be pulled out to get any messes out.

I don't know how close to factory things are but if there's anything else you guys would like to see let me know.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Great looking day for a boat trip ;)

Good score on a great water ready SC....

Watermann

Nothing like being on the water in a nice SC boat under cloudless blue skies!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Yeah. Baby! She is sweet, TDF. The PO did a nice job with the interior.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Yeah man...thats a really nice rig. P.o's did a nice job keeping it original....very "unhacked". :cool:

Candutch

Chief Petty Officer
Nice! Now I wish I would have bought one that was ready to float.

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks again guys I'm definitely proud to own her. When I showed up to look at it I was ready to be let down and walk away but as soon as I climbed in and looked around I was sold.

Watermann

Bet you get some looks on the water and at the ramp too. :D