I have returned... with a Starcraft this time!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I've been binge watching Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime. Pretty good show. :tongue-new:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
So it turns out that the Jack Ryan first season was only 8 episodes and the next season starts in 2019. I just finished up the 1st season and it was good stuff. Looking forward to season 2.

I've seen John Wick. Also good.

Gotta find something else to keep me busy for awhile. :cool:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I was finally able to take a shower this morning... :painkiller:

AND EVERYBODY CHEERED!! :clap2: :rockon: :pound:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
...I'm pretty blessed with good heath but I go in for check ups every 6 months and a physical every year so nothing sneaks up.

I too had good health until the bad stuff snuck up on me a few years back. Then out of the blue... whammo. And as of this morning, the docs are thinking that it's the Prednisone that I take for the GCA that caused my most recent problem. Another one added to the list. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I'm beaten, but never defeated! :nono: :D

coostv

Petty Officer 1st Class
Jack Ryan was pretty good, also looking forward to the next season. Hope you feel better sooner than later!
43753395_986696291540509_8718787828537884672_n.jpg

Brackett221

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hope you get to feeling better soon and get to come home! Hopefully you will:sleeping: a few days when you get back home, the Sears and the Kingfisher will be waiting for you! Don't rush it!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Thanks guys! Feeling fine here. Wishing I was home working on SOMETHING instead of just sitting here on my butt. :cool:

I never did have any symptoms. The doc said that I'm an enigma. Story of my life. :rolleyes:

The good news is that they've decided that they're not going to cut my guts out. My body apparently sealed off the problem and they're keeping me here until tomorrow so that they can continue to pump me full of antibiotics "just as a precaution." Then another CT scan tomorrow and if all is clear I can go home. In fact the Surgery group wanted to send me home today (to clear up a bed I reckon) but the Internal Medicine guys are more conservative. I'm fine with the conservative plan. :nod:

The toughest time was while I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything for a couple days. But that's the way it's done and I had to just be stoic... again! :laugh:

I was "upgraded" to a liquid diet for a couple days and then I was upgraded again to a low fiber diet, which I've been on for 36 hours now. So far, so good. Hospital food sucks though. :mmph:

I haven't been told of any activity restrictions after discharge yet. Hmmm... :noidea:

Really looking forward to getting out of here! :playball:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Hope you get to feeling better soon and get to come home! Hopefully you will:sleeping: a few days when you get back home, the Sears and the Kingfisher will be waiting for you! Don't rush it!

Thanks! Yep, they'll be there... and the weather will be warm again. My wife says that it's been beautiful the last few days. Temps in the low 50s or even upper 40s in the morning with sunshine and low-to-mid 70s in the afternoon. I need to be outside. Dang! :frusty:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I'm home! :D

Surgery wasn't required. Whew! This ol' boy would NOT look good with a colostomy bag! :puke:

Did get a few battle scars from the treatment though. :rolleyes:

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Oh man that looks like a rough one, you went through a few rounds with an MMA fighter! :eek:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Oh man that looks like a rough one, you went through a few rounds with an MMA fighter! :eek:

Hey, you should see the other guy!

He's at home.

In his mansion.

Untouched.

Laughing at me!! :pound:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Some good news today.

The tractor's fixed. My buddy swung by this evening and got it put back together for me. He also said that he needs me to put the KF onto the trailer so that he can do the welding job correctly. I'll work on that soon. And his brother brought over the liner of an outdoor pool which I can use instead of tarps on my old tarp shelter. When the weather cools, I'll look into that as well.

The boy and I tested the tractor and it's steering correctly again. Time to put it back to work. :eagerness:

But I do have doc appointments the next two days so who knows what or if anything will actually get done. :rolleyes:

Watermann

You can't keep a good dog down but don't let your ambition get in the way of healing up as that could keep you out of the game even longer.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I hear ya guys. And I didn't do anything today (other than buy gas for the tractor) because of a doc appointment and research for tomorrow's appointment. So I won't do anything tomorrow either for the same reason.

The day after tomorrow is the beginning of the local hunting season and I'm supposed to go into the woods searching for Bambi :llama: and Porky Pig with my old buddy. Neither one of us is supposed be be alone in da woods. Heck, he's already fallen once while out there alone and again with his 44 y.o. son standing there. :rolleyes:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
We're back!

Sort of... :rolleyes:

The last 3 weeks have been quite eventful. Too eventful. :mad:

Took until a few days ago for my health to return to "normal" in the sense that I'm not hospitalized. Numerous doc appointments over the last couple weeks and more to come. Ugh. The doc told me that my muscles have atrophied due to the Prednisone that I've been on for years, which is why I'm so weak. Especially as I've tapered off that nasty steroid. Hoping I can make it completely off that med. It's a double-edged sword though. At the higher doses it made me strong. Now that I'm at a lower dose, I can't stand for more than a minute or two and any exertion leaves me short winded. :mmph:

And on Nov 9th my debit card account was taken over and the perp cleaned out my bank account from over 500 miles away! :yell: It was a major PITA but I was able to take corrective action and yesterday I got my stolen money back. :bi_polo:

No work has been done on the KF for over a month but this morning the boy and I were finally able to get started cleaning out the garage. It was a complete disaster from not being cleaned in ages, including the tractor work that had been done in there recently. But the Deputy who came to help with my cyber-crime event really like the garage and said that I only needed a couple of AC units to make it great! :tennis:

I'd had hopes of getting it cleared, cleaned and rearranged so that we could wash the KF and bring it inside today. Didn't happen. Took hours and hours to get as far as we did.

Progress was made though. The place is much cleaner and is becoming much more organized. Hopefully we'll be able to finish it up tomorrow and get on with KF work. School is out all next week so I'll have the boy around to help. :cool:

This is how the garage looked a couple of hours after we started.
1.jpg

Several hours later the boy was still hard at work.
4.jpg

Getting there.
7.jpg

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    477.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 0

Watermann