Starcraft brochures

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Starcraft brochures

That would be great 1973. Anything to add to this reference would be appreciated.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Are Starcraft ads also allowed on here? I've got a 2 page one for a 1973 Chieftain making its way through the mail to be if you want I can scan it in to be added onto here

If you scan them and post a link to a photo hosting site I will ad a link on the first page.

We have not had many new brochures/ads in quite a while, so it would be welcomed:)

Huron Angler

Admiral

I've added links to '95-'00 since the Starcraft marine web site now has a legacy brochures section.

They do not have any prior to '95 for some reason. Maybe I can convince them to hire me as director of archives and get their library caught up.:)

Also one year in the late 90s apparently has iboats member Teamster on the cover, operating a 75hp tiller:D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

That's cool Mike!

That info is good for giving us back yard boat builders ideas:)

Thanks for your diligence my friend!

Huron Angler

Admiral

That's col Mike!

That info is good for giving us back yard boat builders ideas:)

Thanks for your diligence my friend!

Glad it's helping you out, some good info and ideas for interior layout.

Funniest thing to me is how proud they are of the oft-hated injected foam:D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Also interesting....

I often read in their info about "treated" plywood.

Huh:confused:

They must have some some other special stuff, not like what we have access to, eh.

inchworm

Recruit

Im new on here and like what I see. I have a 1961 maybe 62 tyring to restore. Have pic but have not down loaded yet. But I have went through the lower unit its a 1960 or 61 johnson 40 hp. I think its a Jupiter.

williamk12

Cadet

I just bought a 1983 18SS last summer and I believe the original owner(who sold it to me) included that years brochure. Would you like me to look it, I think it looked pretty close to the 1982, but I would be happy to forward it to you if I can find it and you need it
let me know
Regards
Bill

Huron Angler

Admiral

I just bought a 1983 18SS last summer and I believe the original owner(who sold it to me) included that years brochure. Would you like me to look it, I think it looked pretty close to the 1982, but I would be happy to forward it to you if I can find it and you need it
let me know
Regards
Bill

If you can scan it and post the images on photobucket or email them to me that would be great.

I will send you a private message with my email address.:)

williamk12

Cadet

I'm sorry, after i posted, I went and found my brochure and its from 1982 not 83 (even though the boat is an 83, original reciept says its an 83). no wonder it looked close to the 82 brochure you had posted :(
Hope I didn't spoil your day
Please accept my apologies

Bill

Huron Angler

Admiral

I'm sorry, after i posted, I went and found my brochure and its from 1982 not 83 (even though the boat is an 83, original reciept says its an 83). no wonder it looked close to the 82 brochure you had posted :(
Hope I didn't spoil your day
Please accept my apologies

Bill

Hey no problem Bill, more importantly you should go start a thread and post some photos of your SS:)

seakingbob

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hello I didn't see any for a 1992 do you think there is a brochure

64osby

Admiral

The combined effort of everyone is really cool, and it has provided a wealth of information.

There are many looking for info not on this site. I was bouncing around the web and found a site. It looks like they have thousands of boat brochures. I don't work for them, I have never bought anything, and I'm not getting a spiff. I don't know the quality of the service.

If someone really needs or wants information you may be able get it here, 25 bucks per copy.

http://www.boatingwithdawsons.com/old-boat-brochures.html#S

They say they have Starcraft info for the following years,
Starcraft Alm & F/G Boats IN 10 09 08 07 06 04 03 02 01 00 99 98 97 96 95 94 93 92 91 90 89 88 87 86 85 84 83 82 81 80 79 78 77 76 75 74 73 72 71 70 69 68 67 66 65 64 63 62 61 60.

If someone uses this site let me or us know the result. If it's good I'll leave the link up, if the mods don't mind. If it's not good I'll pull the link.​

inchworm

Recruit

Is a Nassau starcraft boat and a starcraft boat jet ect... the same or what makes them different kinds of boats??

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Nassau's are 15 or 16 feet I think. Jets are 14.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Nassau's are 15 or 16 feet I think. Jets are 14.

Eh, Jet @ 15 and the Nassau 16 maybe?? And, the Nassau might have 3 vs. 1 knee brace with a Jet? Course I might be making that part up.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Eh, Jet @ 15 and the Nassau 16 maybe?? And, the Nassau might have 3 vs. 1 knee brace with a Jet? Course I might be making that part up.

Probably 16 because there's always confusion between Jupiters and Nassaus. Jups are 16. We thought we had the knee brace thing locked down at one point but then determined it varied by the year. A 16' flattish bottom with 3 knee braces is probably a Nassau.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I can confirm for a '66 Nassau, 16 ft, 3 knee braces. Comparing the Jupiter I looked at just before I got the Nassau, Jup has wider beam, deeper freeboard and going from memory :)confused:) only one knee brace. Jups also have the center vented windshield like EZs original. Jupiter handles 10hp more. I gleaned a lot of this from the library after a lot of squinting (that is not a knock) HA started, maintains and updates with the help of all of you. Thanks everyone, wish I had something to contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.