2019 Starcraft Splash of the Year Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

astor

2018's Starmada Splash Of The Year.
Hello Starmada Team,

I am behind the time to start the nominations for the Starmada Splash of the Year contest for 2019, my apologies for being late, I should have started this thread at the end of November. I will let the Moderator's update and correct me on the dates for the contest this year, as this late start is giving us less time to perform the nominations.

This thread will be the collection of nominations for the annual Starcraft Forum's Starmada Splash of the Year! This is open for any iboats website members to nominate their favorite boat that has been splashed back in the water after significant work, restorations, building, modifications, etc..

The Moderator team has created a great set of boiler plate rules for the contest, same as the last 2 year's rules.

Good luck to everyone. I know there are some excellent vessels that have been splashed this year that are very deserving of this honor!

Please read the rules carefully:

MOD DRAFTED RULES:

Conditions:

1: Restoration, rebuild, redo, rehab or re-worked project must have been well documented @ iboats forums. With good reference text and pix posts.

2; Nominated member must have been active prior to the nominations starting (early Dec) AND be willing to commit to being active after winning PLUS agree to return and help manage next years SOTY process including paying for the next year's winner plates and plaque shipping.

3: It will NOT be an iboats sponsored award.

4: Members MUST have 5posts to vote in the SOTY poll. The Mod/admin team can and will look into voting irregularities, and has had to in the past.

5: This is not a popularity contest. It is stipulated that if you had a good buddy help on a resto, encourage him to join (the Iboats community) and vote. But not every random person (who you likely don't even know) who reads your posts on Facebook should be joining solely to vote. It will further be stipulated that ballot box stuffing, as deemed by the Mod team and iboats admins, will be dealt with. This includes removal of a nominated boat from consideration plus possible banning of the nominated member for unsportsmanlike conduct not in the spirit of the award.

6: This a nomination, voting and award by members: fellow peers here at iboats, that have followed a resto, probably assisted at some point along the way and want to recognize your hard work and dedication to completing your resto. Again, not a popularity contest open to voting for everyone that works where you do, the dominoes, square dancing or hockey group you're a member of or open to all your Facebook, Twitter or other social media "friends ".

7: No 'self' nominated boats, boats must be nominated by another member.

8: Again, as noted above, this is NOT an iboats sponsored award or poll, and there should be no expectations otherwise.

9: SOTY winners may be contacted by iboats admin or corporate staff to possibly be featured in a newsletter at some future date. This is not a endorsement (paid or otherwise) of the boat or owner by iboats. It should be a badge of pride to have been nominated, and is a great honor to be voted the*(8th annual) " Starmada Splash of the Year 2019 winner ".. Or the 4th annual "Restoration Forum Splash Of The Year 2019 winner".

10. The nomination, win and plaque are the ONLY recognition or award. There is no award or prize of any kind from iboats.

Please post your nominations in this thread and paste a link to the owners rebuild thread. Please dont include pictures in this nominations thread. I will contact each of the nominees by Private Message to confirm that they wish to be entered in the award contest. I will add their info by updating this top-of-the-page post. Nominations up to a maximum of 10 will be accepted until midnight EST Jan 15, 2020.

After midnight January 15, 2020, a new voting thread will be created that will show all nominees and a link to their rebuild thread for your review. As in past years, I expect that 1 or 2 pictures of each entry will be included in the voting thread, usually a before and after shot. You will be permitted one vote for your favorite boat that was splashed in either forum in 2019. Voting will end at midnight EST February 3, 2020.

Cheers! and Good Luck to the nominees

Last edited:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
That time of year again and not very many active guys kicking around. I had a few in mind I've been going back over but one stuck out in my mind with all the detail and hard work he put into his 16' SS.

I'd like to nominate SHSU for the 2019 SOTY (Sorry just had to add at least one little pic of his great project)

https://forums.iboats.com/forum/owne...shed-july-2019

fetch

astor

bump...
I will be looking through the posts for additional splashes this year, Would be awesome if some additional nominations could be added to the thread.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
Great nomination Watermann :thumb:

I see 3 other vessels worthy of nomination.

In no particular order:
My 1st nomination: Chris's coostv Holiday bowectomy. I cringe when someone mentions chopping these classic boats however he is one of the few that have done it justice definitely did it justice; you'd never know that it was non-factory.

My 2nd nomination: starry-eyed Chief; that started as a transom replacement and morphed into a cool, rich-wood vintage rebuild.

My 3rd nomination: PlayD0h SuperSport. It was a super-fast paced, detail-oriented rebuild.

Great jobs fellas! Good Luck!

P.S. These 3 nominations were taken from the Starcraft section...I don't visit the restoration side of the forum very often (usually someone classiccat me) ...going off of memory, wasn't jasoutside 's rig purchased by another member and modified even further?).

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I haven't paid enough attention to the Starcraft builds and splashes this year. Thanks goes to you that have.

I think Jason's Islander bowectomy that went to a new owner is still a work in progress. I haven't seen much in the way of progress reports, but I could have missed them.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
And dont forget, the nominees need to affirm their nomination.

SHSU
Watermann

I see SHSU was last active on the 9th, has anyone heard from him? I'm going to start studying up some on other splashes just in case.

Would be nice if others especially past winners would step up, no interest means an end to our award.

PlayD0h

Petty Officer 1st Class

In no particular order:
My 1st nomination: Chris's coostv Holiday bowectomy. I cringe when someone mentions chopping these classic boats however he is one of the few that have done it justice definitely did it justice; you'd never know that it was non-factory.

My 2nd nomination: starry-eyed Chief; that started as a transom replacement and morphed into a cool, rich-wood vintage rebuild.

My 3rd nomination: PlayD0h SuperSport. It was a super-fast paced, detail-oriented rebuild.

P.S. These 3 nominations were taken from the Starcraft section...I don't visit the restoration side of the forum very often (usually someone classiccat me) ...going off of memory, wasn't jasoutside 's rig purchased by another member and modified even further?).

Thank you CC. Much appreciated

SHSU

Lieutenant Junior+Starmada Splash Of The Year 2019
Thanks Watermann, couldn't haven't done it without all the help from this forum and the Admiral/Little admiral.

On that note, still here, just lurking around in the background.

SHSU

alipinski397

Seaman
^^^^^ Yeah, I missed alipinski397 and his re-do of the re-do of the re-do of Jason's Islander. This may be a record for the same boat being in the running for Starcraft SOTY honors, so I'll nominate for 2019.

Alipinski's rebuild thread toward the end of the road - https://forums.iboats.com/forum/boa...22-starcraft-islander-rebuild-chapter-2/page5

Thanks GA_Boater.

I hadn't logged in for a couple months and just happened to catch a post on Facebook in one of the Starcraft groups mentioning the thread, so I dropped in to check it out. On a side note i notice I'm not getting any email notifications from iboats anymore - any of the mods want to shoot me a PM and help me trouble shoot? Thanks!

coostv

Petty Officer 1st Class

In no particular order:

Thanks classiccat I accept. That was my whole goal for the transformation and part of the reason it took as long as it did. I had an internal angst working against me before I finally pulled the trigger on the jigsaw. My goal after that was to make it appear as factory as possible. I wish my image host didn't nuke the whole thread... One day when I get time I may post make a corrective post or posts outlining some of the highlights.

Last edited:

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
you "tinny's" have some stiff competition, all great looking projects! congrats to all nominees!

astor

Today at midnight is the end of the nominations!

So far with thanks to Watermann, Classiccat, and GA_boater we have 5 great rebuilds nominated for SOTY for 2019.
I have sent PM's to each - I will attempt:facepalm: to start the voting thread tomorrow evening.

SHSU - accepted
coostv- accepted
starry-eyed- accepted
PlayDoh- accepted
Alipinski397- accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.