help needed - installing kin-pin style seat bases - Islander 221v

lake_trout

Cadet
Hi all,

I'm getting ready to add a couple of seats behind the originals in my islander, and I want to make sure I don't put any holes in the hull or gas tank.

My plan is to put in king-pin type pedestal bases, which require ~1 1/2 wide and ~3"deep hole

I've been looking around the web for exploded diagrams or and pics for how the boat is configured under the deck but with no luck.

Attachments

• photo315455.jpg
    photo315455.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:

lake_trout

Cadet
bump... open to any ideas here!

If I pull the center panel, will I have access to the voids to either side?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
On either side of the center section there should only be flotation foam under the deck, locate the 2 deck supports that run fore and aft, the belly fuel tank will be in the center between them. The only issue then is where the fuel lines run to the filler, vent and feed.

With Islanders they normally have an elevated box on top of the decking that the seats and bases are bolted to.

FYI now that you have a thread started on your Islander you should ask all your questions there rather than starting a new thread for each question. Maybe jbcurt00 can merge this into that thread.

iu

lake_trout

Cadet
Thanks for the info Watermann. I'll have to keep an eye out for the fuel lines. On my boat the elevated box for the seats is shorter than the one in the picture you posted, so I'll be mounting the seats directly to the deck.