Drain Holes

bvwebb

Recruit
I am having trouble w/ my 1998 Captiva 232's drain holes not draining. Two in the ski hold, two in the storage compartments under the seats on port side, and none where the water gathers in the rear corners of the deck when I'm washing the interior. Is there a way to clean out the existing holes? I've tried coat hangers and yesterday I drilled the ski hold's holes out.

Re: Drain Holes

I'm new here, but I'll give you my $.02. I have the same boat as you and just spent 8 hrs cleaning it out yesterday. I noticed the same thing on mine. I just took a large nail ~3.5" long and poked and routed the drain holes. It worked fine once I got the big stuff out of the way. I'm surprized the coat hangers didn't work.

As for the rear corners of the deck, again I noticed the same thing. The water drains thru that small crack b/t the rear seat support, and the sides. I had small bits of debris clogging this area as well. I had taken off that long pocket under the rear seat and "backflushed" with a hose this area to remove some of the junk blocking it. It drains now, until more crap get stuck in there.