Electrical Problems- Rinker

Captain Dave's

Recruit
I have a Rinker 2002, 250 Fiesta Vee. The electrical system is a two battery system with battery charger. When I am cruising, switched to battery one (New Battery) , after about 10 minutes my volt meter drops to about 9-10 volts and my breaker (battery charger) in my power switch panel breaks. When it is pushed in and re-set, everything goes back to normal. I thought my charger may be fouling (It is only supposed to work when hooked up to shore power) because it fried one of my batteries (battery 1)while in my driveway on shore power, so I diconnected the battery cables to charger to isolate the problem. The breaker still blows. Don't know if related, but my tachometer is also running about 40% higher than it should!?!?!?<br /><br />The converter charger is a Inteli-power Marine- Electronic Marine Converter/Charger Model PD 2030 capable of charging 3 batteries.

GabeNalley

Cadet
Re: Electrical Problems- Rinker

Does your Rinker have a Gen on it? Try to shut of your charger as your are running. If you have your fridge, charger, water heater?? and other acces. on something is bound to trip.