Picking up my "new to me" 08 Monterey tonight

mnypitboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Been looking for a while for a replacement for my 01 Tahoe Q7. Looked at Sea Ray, Chaparral, Bayliner, Tahoe, Regal, etc etc. Basically anyone that built 20ft Bowriders. This was by far the nicest one we looked at in the $25k range. Probably could have gotten a brand new Tahoe or Bayliner for about the same price but they did not compare to this Monterey.

I picked up an 08 Monterey 214 FS. It is copper in color. Options included are 5.0 MPI Mercruiser, Stainless package, Dino helm package, Transom shower, stainless pull up cleats, extended swim platform, cockpit cover, bow cover, depth finder, bow filler cushions, dual batteries.

I am pretty excited about getting it out on the water.

Black Snow Slide

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Picking up my "new to me" 08 Monterey tonight

Congrats on the new ride. You will be happy with the quality of your purchase. Fresh or salt? Keep it waxed and she wil stay beautiful for many years. What motor and out drive? How many hours.

jkust

Rear Admiral

That Monterey is a nice boat. It was the nearest competition to my sig boat when I was buying in my price range. I would never use it but all the Montereys I saw had the shower built into the boat. It must be their signature or possibly because they are built and maybe used mostly in salt. Whatever the case they were the only one where every model I saw had it.

mnypitboat

Lieutenant Junior Grade

We use it in mixed salt and fresh. We often back up to beaches and the shower is invaluable. Keeps salt water and sand out of the boat. It has a Mercruiser 5.0 MPI. I have had it a few weeks now, and have waxed it twice. I figure I get a good couple coats on it and I can let it go for a couple months. In the few weeks we have had it we have been out several times and put about 20 hours on it. It is a very nice riding and quality boat. And the storage is unbelievable. I actualy have extra compartments after I put everything I can think of in there. Including skis, kneeboard, wakeboard, tube, jackets, grille, all the safety stuff, a cooler, tools, several extra ropes, bumpers, ladder ball, etc etc etc and the extra compartments hold another cooler, 2 beach bags, and a few bags with food, chips, etc etc. And there is still more room. I had to laugh when I started talking about getting the enclosure for the rear area and my wife asked if we would have enough room to store it.

This boat will last us a long time. Especially with my anal maintanance. The plan is to buy a fixer upper large cabin boat for going to the Bahamas and the like. I cant afford(or I should say I dont want to stretch my budget far enough to buy) the size I want. So I will start looking for a project. That way I can still be out on the water while I am working on it.